Air Filter recommendations - VERY DUSTY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterK71

Hey Guys, I have the K&N version of the Losi buggy and it is very apparent that the K&N filter with the Outerwears is not going to do the trick in dust, I mean a lot of dust. I can barely make 1/2 tank before the engine is choked out. What do you guys recommend for these conditions, I live in the desert and everywhere I run is very dusty.

Get the team gonads air filter oil it good (but oil it right) then put an outerwears over that. K&N air filters are actually worse than the stock air filter as far as dusty conditions are concerned.

20180317_151820.jpg
There is a K&N filter under there with the TGN Red Neck dual stage pre filter which is lightly oiled. I don't live in the desert but have done some running in sand. So far so good. That being said i do mostly pavement and grass but have done some sand.

Hey Guys, I have the K&N version of the Losi buggy and it is very apparent that the K&N filter with the Outerwears is not going to do the trick in dust, I mean a lot of dust. I can barely make 1/2 tank before the engine is choked out. What do you guys recommend for these conditions, I live in the desert and everywhere I run is very dusty.
I have a K&N DBXL and also live in the desert in very dusty conditions. All I have used is the end of some panty hose and an outerwares. I haven’t had any issues as of yet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks