Air filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladeguy5

I ran mine again today without the outer filter and it runs x10 times better did some back to back testing and outer off i could go back to stock hsn setting 1.5 out from stock and it flies but once i put the outer back on it would barely move with those same settings and needs almost a half a turn to get up to speed... i think the outer is just to dense of a foam to allow the motor to breath properly... there are 2 guys on youtube that have been running theres the same way since january with no issues.. try it guys and see<br/>

Who has the turtle filter
And how does it fit within the roll cage? I just got my DT1 and tgn velocity stack yesterday. Bent back the lexan to act as a shield from dirt coming off the front wheel. I have a outerwear cover too but gonna try this to see how clean it can stay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 50
I had a similar setup with mine and the body wore a hole in my outerwears!

I'm holding out for a DBXL specific Turtle air box with a hpi filter

Been posting this everywhere, 5ive inner filter with stock DBXL outer works perfect. I also run an Outerwears. The 5ive-t inner filter is a cup type, not a tube like the stocker, simply poke a hole in the filter for the plastic cap screw and done. No need to spend a ton of money or cut a hole in the body!

Who has the turtle filter

Lol I have 3 of them one one each 5 and one on the buggy, had to make a couple small mods to the cage but not the body on the DBXL, but the poop I've put that truck through is amazing, I would have choked out my dt1 in a heartbeat. Turtle Dave made it for Reeds cases in 5ive's solves the same issues in the DBXL, mainly getting it out of the path of the front wheel blow back, the bonus is the free air intake of the baja element, it takes in huge air and helps make huge power, can't wait to setup the Widowmaker 38 in the 5ive with on of these, need a 23 tooth pinion

Don't forget guys that the filter's there for a reason.
If the air is clean enough, or you're willing to 'sacrifice' a little scoring of the cylinders in the extreme case, then removing filter layers will obviously increase airflow .... but at what price?

Just a thought.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks