DBXL Air Intake

Thread starter #1

James H.

I am about to be installing a OBR G320 Reed Case Motor in my DBXL. I know my K&N airfilter is going to protrude outside the cage a little more than it does now, but I am curious about a new intake that would move the air filter to the front of my engine, and more inside the cage. There are some Turtle Racing Air Billet Intake Boxes for the Losi 5T, but I'm wondering if there is anything similar to this for the DBXL?? Or is there something else anyone knows of that would bring my airfilter inside the cage or just something to better help protect my airfilter from the influx of dirt that will be coming off the front tires after I install almost a 10 hp engine. Lmao!!

Thanks for any info guys!

James

Nasim

I ended up using the Turtle Racing billet intake. I had to notch out the cage a little because it does touch the cage. Overall I'm very happy with it.
20180507_151500.jpg

Nasim

Is that a Reed Case Engine? Sean @ OBR Racing told me the Reed Case would extend my air filter outside the cage 1/2” more than it does now with the K&N filter.
Ahhhhh. I see. No, I don't have a reed case. I don't think the Turtle Racing intake would work with a reed case. It's a tightvfit as it is. You might want to look into a Crazy Stu's intake.

Buzzsaw46

I don't think the crazy stu will work either, I think that sticks out even further than the TR.

Thread starter #7

James H.

Ahhhhh. I see. No, I don't have a reed case. I don't think the Turtle Racing intake would work with a reed case. It's a tightvfit as it is. You might want to look into a Crazy Stu's intake.
I see. Well thanks anyways for trying. Now I know the TR Box would fit with stock set up. :)

Thread starter #9

James H.

I appreciate the offer but it wouldn’t fit on my DBXL. I have a Reed Case so the carb is already within an inch of my cage. Thanks tho!

Thread starter #11

James H.

That does look pretty cool! Thanks for that. I will keep this in mind if I ever have to change from the filter I have now. Kinda worries me that it sticks outside the body so much, but I’ll keep it in mind. Great pic! What roll cage is that?