alloy motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, there is no one in the US that has ever carried the alloy motor mount that I'm aware of. I had to order mine from hobbythek in Germany.

A better option for you would to order from New Zealand or Australia. Shipping is considerably lower ($40 bucks from Germany to Missouri when I ordered and that was just for SHIPPING!).

http://rcinnovations.co.nz/shop/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=37_44&products_id=263

I think I paid about $15 bucks for shipping and received some parts in about 10 days or less. RC Innovations or Powerslideracing are both great places to order from.

If you choose to go FG then because of the spacing difference, you will have to change gearing. the fg large motor mount and motor side plate have to match either fg or smartech/firehammer/carson etc.

a firehammer mt has 19 pinion 48 spur. and fg mt is 16 48. I have used parts across from either model and mixed and matched and learned the hard way they aren't compatible... if you mix the 2 brands in these parts then the layshaft is on an angle.

the mounting holes for everything else otherwise line up fine

Where the bearing sets it has a crack along the top
which is causing it to slip and slop all over. What is the best
alternative to the alloy mount then.

Otherwise who carries the correct alloy mount?

Any one have a DIY tip that can make the plastic
mount last longer then a few tanks?

I've never had the large allow motor mount and never had a problem, fg or firehammer. I know the gears take a beating from flexing and I am betting that is what has happened to yours. I used a piece of metal from the bulkhead top to the spare hole on the engine casing. it stops the flex. or check slawhammer's thread and see how he braced his along the chassis. mine is hard to see on the vw
DSCI0004.gif

Do NOT buy anything from auctioncityaustralia or oversizerc, horrible horrible places to buy from. Stick with the ones I listed.

Oh oh. I already placed my order from them. What's the story with them? Do they have crappy service, are their products crappy? I'm nervous now.

Ok, I just switched out the shock fluid on the Grizz. What a pain in the neck taking out the front shocks. I hate how the top of the shock is mounted. Anyway, it's done. Now I can't wait to see how the Grizz rides now. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh oh. I already placed my order from them. What's the story with them? Do they have crappy service, are their products crappy? I'm nervous now.

The service sucks. Do a search for oversizerc or auctioncity on here, or anywhere. Same company, different name, same miserable service.

Well I got an email from them. They say they've shipped my mounts off, and that it takes 7-14 days to arrive. I'm crossing my fingers. They've posted in the HPIBaja forums. Maybe they're trying to fix their service. We'll see.

No, I had to open up a complaint with Paypal, and have escalated the complaint. I sent them a couple of e-mails, none of which have been replied too. I wish I had done a little more research.

Luckily, I got my money back from Paypal, and then I bought some from Powerslide racing. Got them, but haven't installed them yet. They look good though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks