Aloha, want a 1/5th scale for the beach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lylefk

Hi there, live on Maui and want to build a 1/5th electric to run around here on Maui, primarily on the beaches.

So I'm kind of settled on either a Losi DBXL or an HPI Baja. My thoughts were that the 4wd of the Losi seem to make it much more controllable, but then do you run the sand paddles on the front tires anyway, or no? Seems like it might spray sand every whichaway inside the buggy.

Also, seems like the HPI Baja (esp. the Flux) are pretty tough to find, can anyone suggest any online resources to look for used ones? I browse ebay and rcgroups daily now looking for something.

So yeah, any thoughts here on which way you'd suggest, tips, tricks, thoughts, anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Lyle

Hi there, live on Maui and want to build a 1/5th electric to run around here on Maui, primarily on the beaches.

So I'm kind of settled on either a Losi DBXL or an HPI Baja. My thoughts were that the 4wd of the Losi seem to make it much more controllable, but then do you run the sand paddles on the front tires anyway, or no? Seems like it might spray sand every whichaway inside the buggy.

Also, seems like the HPI Baja (esp. the Flux) are pretty tough to find, can anyone suggest any online resources to look for used ones? I browse ebay and rcgroups daily now looking for something.

So yeah, any thoughts here on which way you'd suggest, tips, tricks, thoughts, anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Lyle

The 5b works great in the sand (beach). so if you plan to use it on the beach that would be the best in my opinion. 4wd has more stuff moving so it takes away some on whp. but works really well on the dirt for control. i run my baja in the sand and don't have control issues like i do on the dirt.

Oops, forgot about this post. I ended up buyin a Vekta.5 and will be running it 2wd in the sand next week for the first time. Aloha :)

The 5b works great in the sand (beach). so if you plan to use it on the beach that would be the best in my opinion. 4wd has more stuff moving so it takes away some on whp. but works really well on the dirt for control. i run my Baja in the sand and don't have control issues like i do on the dirt.
ops

I have a KM Baja 5b I run on the beach.. It's a blast, doing power wheelies is cool. Mine is a simple 8s system, with paddles and ribs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks