Alro racing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Big the thanks to Rob Lochier who owns ALRO RACING SYSTEMS:cool:

As a few of you members might recall I built an engine with a Syndicate bottom end and a CRRC head with variable timing etc...
To cut a long story short I made a total bollocks of the build as I have never built one with this set up before.
The squish was out,wrong bearings,timing out and a few more problems.
There is a member on here that bought this engine from me and I said I would look after him 100% no matter what (as I would with anyone who has bought from me)
Anyway,this guy had Put the engine in and then emailed/text me to say it was running like a bag of kak.He returned it as I said I would sort it but by the time I had come round to getting it done my fone was wiped and I never had his number no more so,after a good few months the chap got in touch which was a relief as I was panicking a bit (thanks for the patients Darren) .I had a go but couldnt get it right so had a trip to Accrington where Rob is based.
When I arrived Rob met me at the gate house and showed me to his well equipt shop where he showed me about squish (the proper way!) and the do's and don'ts on engine builds.We couldn't get it going so he told me to leave it with him.After a week or so I got an email to say ....quote.."Just had the engine reving it's whatsits off out side"
It was completly re-built with low drag seals,ring,bearings gaskets...etc.
Rob is a cracking fella to deal with and has a lot of patience too.I can honestly recommend this man to anyone who wants a cracking engine build or an engine modification.Hopefully he will be on here soon to give his own words on the story.
Once again a BIG THANKS to Rob Lochier from

ALRO RACING SYSTEMS
http://www.alroracing.com/
j.:cup-1::cup-2::cup-3:

Last edited:
ive heard nothing but good things about alro racing and rob great to know that good old gb has some of the greatest engine builders and tuners going strong alro oddie and stevo are the top of there game and owning 2 oddie lumps im happy but id be more than happy with a evo tune of a alro tuned engine anyday

bet that's a big weight off yous shoulders getting the thing running well just a shame your probably out of pocket but fair play on putting things right

ive heard nothing but good things about alro racing and rob great to know that good old gb has some of the greatest engine builders and tuners going strong alro oddie and stevo are the top of there game and owning 2 oddie lumps im happy but id be more than happy with a evo tune of a alro tuned engine anyday

bet that's a big weight off yous shoulders getting the thing running well just a shame your probably out of pocket but fair play on putting things right

Too true about the weight off my shoulders but keeping my reputation as a "decent bloke to deal with" was more than what the invoice is going to say Barry.

J:)

agreed mate you don't want to be labelled like arse head scammer punk female dog assad,,,,ive had a few things of members on here and everytime they have been honest and great to deal with it makes all the difference

You could have nipped over to ours for a bash if id have known you were up this way!

Nice report Voo and good to know you are not Assad :lol:

Not too far away mate, about 12 miles. It 1 or 2 junctions further down the M65 from Alro then head for the hills!

+1 Rob Lochier,
I stumble across Rob whilst trying to find the designer and maker of the 1/5 scale 22b impreza bodyshell. After nearly an hour on the phone ended up ordering one of his engines.
That was 4 years ago and I now have a few of his engines in each of my 1/5th. All my guys who I bash and now race with me have an alro engine. Top quality bloke.

Ticky

+1 Rob Lochier,
I stumble across Rob whilst trying to find the designer and maker of the 1/5 scale 22b impreza bodyshell. After nearly an hour on the phone ended up ordering one of his engines.
That was 4 years ago and I now have a few of his engines in each of my 1/5th. All my guys who I bash and now race with me have an alro engine. Top quality bloke.

Ticky

I seen that body Ticky,well impressed.Rob did say something about the hardness of it though.He said it wasnt poly but something else that would shatter if knocked hard enough

Weather that was a protatype i don't know but it looked spot on.
I will be buying one of Robs engines when i am nearly done on my 5T rebuild,cant go wrong really;)
J

I seen that body Ticky,well impressed.Rob did say something about the hardness of it though.He said it wasnt poly but something else that would shatter if knocked hard enough

Weather that was a protatype i don't know but it looked spot on.
I will be buying one of Robs engines when i am nearly done on my 5T rebuild,cant go wrong really;)
J

Yes your right, from memory 2 different thickness of shells had been produced. Mine never lasted long but it came arrived damaged in the first place by an ebayer with no packaging sense.
Back on topic: Just make sure you use both hands to start your alro motor :D
You will need one hand to hold the car down before you pull the cord.

Ticky

Yes your right, from memory 2 different thickness of shells had been produced. Mine never lasted long but it came arrived damaged in the first place by an ebayer with no packaging sense.
Back on topic: Just make sure you use both hands to start your alro motor :D
You will need one hand to hold the car down before you pull the cord.

Ticky

Right there on the engine mate.That was the reason my build went to Rob in the first place.He said it had too much compression:eek:

I think he would make a pretty penny if he produced those shells in Polycarb,I would certainly have one as they look the part.
J

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks