HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you get hot and humid down there .:LOL: I flew into Houston once . Not my cup of tea. My Dad lived about an hour north of Dallas.
Yup humid, It normally doesn't go over 100, once it got down to 28, I did snow alittle. I can see why it's not ur cup of tea, I don't really like it but I'm stuck here lol. Bunch o rednecks in pick up trucks and guns and crappy drivers, nothing to see ?

So a little update . I received a shipment from DDM today .:cool: Picked up The Chase cage , Turtle Racing front shock support and a few other parts . I installed the new shock support and built and installed the Chase cage . Still need to install the Chase Front mud guard and a few other little things . Still waiting on the new Grafil G-Virus body and one of the cans of paint for it . Still waiting on one other little part for it . Think I'm going to need to figure out how to mount the wing on the new cage. I'll need to make a couple of wing mount support shafts .

Attachments

• IMG_20181127_170315.jpg
    IMG_20181127_170315.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 25
So a little update . I received a shipment from DDM today .:cool: Picked up The Chase cage , Turtle Racing front shock support and a few other parts . I installed the new shock support and built and installed the Chase cage . Still need to install the Chase Front mud guard and a few other little things . Still waiting on the new Grafil G-Virus body and one of the cans of paint for it . Still waiting on one other little part for it . Think I'm going to need to figure out how to mount the wing on the new cage. I'll need to make a couple of wing mount support shafts .
Wow she looks very nice ? can't wait fir my cage, should be coming on Friday. Hopefully sooner ?

Looks good.(y) Are you gonna get a new, closer front bumper or leave it like that?
Well that's the bumper that came with the 5B to 5T conversion . I can take it off. But I seem to have an affinity for finding things to run into, so for now I think I'll probably leave it on. If you do a Little search you'll see that I broke the front end off my buggy about a month ago. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well that's the bumper that came with the 5B to 5T conversion . I can take it off. But I seem to have an affinity for finding things to run into, so for now I think I'll probably leave it on. If you do a Little search you'll see that I broke the front end off my buggy about a month ago. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
" you'll see that I broke the front end off my buggy" I can see that ????
43228-5f6b1c0690822704bd94a56a15c47bad.jpg
IMG_20181014_154718104.jpg

If you are going to use that bumper, i would order spares of these 2 parts
Screenshot_20181130-185103.pngScreenshot_20181130-185009.png
I had the same setup and would break one of the 2 almost every time i did an end-over and landed solid on the front bumper

If you are going to use that bumper, i would order spares of these 2 parts
View attachment 47578View attachment 47579
I had the same setup and would break one of the 2 almost every time i did an end-over and landed solid on the front bumper

So what is this part ? I don't recognize it . Where is it on the buggy ? And thanks for the heads up.

Attachments

• 43924-4f3ff110a2a11f2e60960d4b55b0bc3a.png
    43924-4f3ff110a2a11f2e60960d4b55b0bc3a.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 3
So what is this part ? I don't recognize it . Where is it on the buggy ? And thanks for the heads up.

ROFL Nevermind. I just realized what part this is. It's mounted to the bumper and adjusts the angle . Thanks Scruffy. KM sent an extra bumper and parts with the conversion kit . They must have known I like to run into stuff. :LOL::LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks