HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up switching to the sc bumper. The bumper brace is at more of an angle so impact energy is transferred back and down instead of straight back into the body mount supports. Just as stront and no more broken parts since the change?

I ended up switching to the sc bumper. The bumper brace is at more of an angle so impact energy is transferred back and down instead of straight back into the body mount supports. Just as stront and no more broken parts since the change?

Scruffy do you have links to the parts your talking about ? Not sure what the SC Bumper looks like.

Okay I got some more goodness for the buggy today . Feast your eyes . 6310 - 9.4hp Full Mod G340RC 34cc +2mm Stroker TR/OBR Reed Case Engine With V2 Reed Case . Went with the Billet Transfer ports , Ceramic bearings and WT-1107 carb. Turtle Racing Pull start and the Grafil G-Virus body. Not in the picture is the Team Twisted Throttle linkage .

Attachments

• IMG_20181206_172603.jpg
    IMG_20181206_172603.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181206_115700.jpg
    IMG_20181206_115700.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20181206_115531.jpg
    IMG_20181206_115531.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20181206_115734.jpg
    IMG_20181206_115734.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 23
Okay I got some more goodness for the buggy today . Feast your eyes . 6310 - 9.4hp Full Mod G340RC 34cc +2mm Stroker TR/OBR Reed Case Engine With V2 Reed Case . Went with the Billet Transfer ports , Ceramic bearings and WT-1107 carb. Turtle Racing Pull start and the Grafil G-Virus body. Not in the picture is the Team Twisted Throttle linkage .
???. Soo nice!!!!

Well it would have been a little cheaper for you that's for sure. Hopefully I won't break to many parts due to the HP increase . It's not as drastic as what you're doing .
The only things I would expect to break is the spur gear, and axle cups. Shouldn't break the diff. Saw a dude with one and the only mods he had done drive train wise is darksoul axle cup toobz, stock axle cups, flm dog bones.

Those panels look sweet?

A little trimming , a few holes . And a lot of thinking on how I want to paint them. I picked up an air brush so I guess I'll be starting a second hobby.:ROFLMAO: I might try and do something sort of like the Patron IMSA DPI prototype race car . Granted mine won't be as complex because I'm a noob at this stuff . We'll see.

Attachments

• extreme-speed-motorsports-patron-2015-hpd-arx04b-lmp2-1.jpg
    extreme-speed-motorsports-patron-2015-hpd-arx04b-lmp2-1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 10
That is some nice hardwear right there:p(y) @1Coopgt you must be stoaked

Are they pre-painted white or is that the protective film?

No That is the outer protective film . I Started trimming the roof panel today . I figure this is going to take me about a week just to trim them . This lexan it thick. I have to cut it out in 1/2" sections . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I was thinking this was going to be easy. I thought the panels would be about the thickness of the buggies panels. Boy was I wrong. I wish I owned calipers so I could measure the thickness. They have to be like 4 times thicker than the Rovan 5b panels. Pure awesome in that respect .
That is some nice hardwear right there:p(y) @1Coopgt you must be stoaked

The worst part is having to wait till spring which is 4 1/2 months away.

Sweet engine dude:p....love mine :love:

If you have any advice I'm listening . I can't wait till I can fire it up . I should probably get it fired up just to make sure it runs . But it's been in the 20 *f lately. I hate the idea of mixing fuel for the engine and then letting it sit till spring .

Last edited:
No That is the outer protective film . I Started trimming the roof panel today . I figure this is going to take me about a week just to trim them . This lexan it thick. I have to cut it out in 1/2" sections . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I was thinking this was going to be easy. I thought the panels would be about the thickness of the buggies panels. Boy was I wrong. I wish I owned calipers so I could measure the thickness. They have to be like 4 times thicker than the Rovan 5b panels. Pure awesome in that respect .

The worst part is having to wait till spring which is 4 1/2 months away.

If you have any advice I'm listening . I can't wait till I can fire it up . I should probably get it fired up just to make sure it runs . But it's been in the 20 *f lately. I hate the idea of mixing fuel for the engine and then letting it sit till spring .
AHHH!!! I HATE winter!!!:mad: You can use some fuel stabilizer in the gas before mixing and it should be good for the winter.

AHHH!!! I HATE winter!!!:mad: You can use some fuel stabilizer in the gas before mixing and it should be good for the winter.

You just want to here the little badass run . :ROFLMAO: I do have a jug of Stabil in the laundry room that I can mix in. I guess the snowblower is going to get about a quart of 25:1 mixed into the regular fuel so I can mix some 28:1. Ugh more math now I need to figure out the ratio of Stabil for 1 gallon of gas. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks