HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.
Finished installing the Turtle Racing pull start when I got home from work today. I put the velcro for the outerwear on but I'm really wondering it it's going to fit correctly .We shall see. So Friday afternoon and Saturday I started trimming the Grafil body . What a pain literally. I damaged the nerves in my right thumb using the damn lexan scissors. This thing is thick. Think the side panels I'm going to try and cut them with a dremel and a diamond coated spindle. I'll have to figure out rpm so that it cuts instead of melts it's way through .

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_201100.jpg
    IMG_20181210_201100.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
I contacteed outwears the other day and had a moan about the logos coming of after a wash...........they asked me what soap i used said washing powder ........got back well we recomend dishwash liquid and got basicly sorry for you (n)
Will say i was less than happy with their response (n) so what ever you do don't wash them

I contacteed outwears the other day and had a moan about the logos coming of after a wash...........they asked me what soap i used said washing powder ........got back well we recomend dishwash liquid and got basicly sorry for you (n)
Will say i was less than happy with their response (n) so what ever you do don't wash them
Mine have been through the washing machine as i bought them used..(y).my red mtxl ones...and the 5ive's blue ones and the logo's r stil on them front and rears :unsure: Only been in wash once each set but all good still(y)

So I finally figured out how I was going to mount the wing and got it mounted today . Last weekend I had finished trimming the roof and hood panels so I figured I would put them in place and take a couple pictures . Still need to trim the side panels and paint everything . Once the Side panels are trimed then it will be time to tear the buggy down so that I can install the OBR. Which will probably be after Christmas .

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_112120.jpg
    IMG_20181214_112120.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20181214_112539.jpg
    IMG_20181214_112539.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 11
So I finally figured out how I was going to mount the wing and got it mounted today . Last weekend I had finished trimming the roof and hood panels so I figured I would put them in place and take a couple pictures . Still need to trim the side panels and paint everything . Once the Side panels are trimed then it will be time to tear the buggy down so that I can install the OBR. Which will probably be after Christmas .
Looking great ?

Couple more pics today . Trimmed the side panels yesterday and did some sanding this afternoon . Still want to do a bit more trimming . Couple of body lines a want to make look better . Modified the window rails on both sides in the cage so that I could put a body clip pins. Drilled the panels for mounting. So now that I can actually look at the panels on the buggy I'm starting to think about how I want to paint them. Already have the colors ordered .

Attachments

• IMG_20181216_173453.jpg
    IMG_20181216_173453.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20181216_172838.jpg
    IMG_20181216_172838.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks