HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure i just assumed so ? :unsure: if they make a case why not? Also seems odd that the hpi sapes would not fit and for that reason im thinking there are alternative options:unsure:

I found the TR Diff case saver it called ,comes with a modified by TR hpi diff case with gaskets and stuff . Put it on my wishlist @ DDM and went through and found the rest of the parts for a diff just in case .

Now the real work begins . Decided to mount the engine into the chassis . None of the holes lined up . WTF. I had mounted the upper engine mounts to the new engine thinking that would shorten install time . So took both of them off and tried again . Got the the engine mounted with the 3 screws that come through the bottom plate . Cool . Next up the starter side upper mount . Its slotted and it went together and attached to the Upper tranny plate. So the culprit is the Clutch side upper mount . It is too thick in a couple of spots . So tomorrow I'll take the part to work and sand it down in a couple of places and see if it fits . I'm not sure yet but I may need to grind and edge of the tranny plate next to the brake . Not sure yet .

So in the mean time I pulled the rear half of the buggy off to make life a little bit easier to work on . The red square is the issue area .

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_194127.jpg
    IMG_20190106_194127.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 19
Now the real work begins . Decided to mount the engine into the chassis . None of the holes lined up . WTF. I had mounted the upper engine mounts to the new engine thinking that would shorten install time . So took both of them off and tried again . Got the the engine mounted with the 3 screws that come through the bottom plate . Cool . Next up the starter side upper mount . Its slotted and it went together and attached to the Upper tranny plate. So the culprit is the Clutch side upper mount . It is too thick in a couple of spots . So tomorrow I'll take the part to work and sand it down in a couple of places and see if it fits . I'm not sure yet but I may need to grind and edge of the tranny plate next to the brake . Not sure yet .

So in the mean time I pulled the rear half of the buggy off to make life a little bit easier to work on . The red square is the issue area .
Yeah that area is always a PITA to mount, especially my ALX case (was test fitting it) you have to push it into a wired spot to get it to line up. What I do is leave everything loose and just push in and out and keep my eye on the hole and see if it lines up.

After I get the mount fixed I'm wondering how much trouble I'm going to have mounting the Clutch bell and plate . Will probably need to loosen everything up to get those parts in . It wasn't easy getting them in and out before the new tranny and engine . It's ok though I got a really big hammer .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Was the bell carrier touching the bell?:unsure:

No no binding there. Just seems the gears meshing is a little tighter after the Turtle racing parts were installed. Figure everything will wear in or I'll burn up a bearing somewhere in the drive train . I'm hoping for everything wearing in .
Oh it's getting closer . Throttle linkage is next then the 5t side parts . The new pipe will be here tomorrow .

Attachments

• IMG_20190108_173258.jpg
    IMG_20190108_173258.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks