HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no binding there. Just seems the gears meshing is a little tighter after the Turtle racing parts were installed. Figure everything will wear in or I'll burn up a bearing somewhere in the drive train . I'm hoping for everything wearing in .
Oh it's getting closer . Throttle linkage is next then the 5t side parts . The new pipe will be here tomorrow .
Looking good ? are you running the Scorpion unlimited solid chassis? Cuz I have it and yours looks like it

You planning on running into a few things ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Actually it can't be helped sometimes .If I were to do it again I think I would go with a different company for the stiffener . The Scorpion forces you to to cut the tab on the plastic piece that attaches to it and the bumper . Not a big deal but they could have milled/punched the square hole into it .

If I were to do it again I think I would go with a different company for the stiffener . The Scorpion forces you to to cut the tab on the plastic piece that attaches to it and the bumper . Not a big deal but they could have milled/punched the square hole into it .
Yeah they should have, personally I wouldn't mind cutting the tab but that's just me ?

Okay I got some more goodness for the buggy today . Feast your eyes . 6310 - 9.4hp Full Mod G340RC 34cc +2mm Stroker TR/OBR Reed Case Engine With V2 Reed Case . Went with the Billet Transfer ports , Ceramic bearings and WT-1107 carb. Turtle Racing Pull start and the Grafil G-Virus body. Not in the picture is the Team Twisted Throttle linkage .
that's a motor sweet motor

Woot Woot Finally ! The Stainless Steel goodness finally got here . May I present to you MY new Olimat side exit pipe. Hopefully it fits inside the Chase cage .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Poor thing came across the country USPS ,think it spent the whole trip in the snow storms that were coming across the country. Damn thing is 2 days late, :( but it's here now :p.

Attachments

• IMG_20190111_155000.jpg
    IMG_20190111_155000.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 8
Woot Woot Finally ! The Stainless Steel goodness finally got here . May I present to you MY new Olimat side exit pipe. Hopefully it fits inside the Chase cage .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Poor thing came across the country USPS ,think it spent the whole trip in the snow storms that were coming across the country. Damn thing is 2 days late, :( but it's here now :p.
Well, that's what USPS specializes in, being late and not giving a damn about your package ?. Beautiful pipe got there! Bet it will rip!

Actually this is the first time I've had some thing come late where I was wondering WTF. So i really can't complain .
That's awesome that USPS don't suck over there! ? USPS here sucks! Like there always late, or sometimes sits for a day or two and don't care about the package. Once I ordered a phone and when it arrived they pretty much tossed it on the porch, and it had fragile on the box, I was too excited to care back then but if it was me now I probs would said something. Good thing now is that the house I'm in now has one of those community mail boxed so they cant throw stuff. Still there late or let it sit for too long.

Yes it is .

Attached and safty wired the header. And Mocked up the pipe in place . I still need to make final adjustments to the throttle linkage before I bolt the pipe into place . Looking good though . :)
looking good, the cage clears ???
I welded extension on mine to clear chassie, just painted it waiting for it to dry
will post before an after picks when mounted

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks