Another Killswitch question (Sorry)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucie

Hi all,

I have purchased a kill switch (Battle switch) but I'd like help in working out how to wire it up to my Marder.
I'm using a Futaba 6exa tx on 40mhz (UK surface) thinking of using ch5 (gear) if possible.

The wiring diagram for the battle switch has me confused & I don't know what wires go where to connect it to the marder, Can someone please help me out ?

Battleswitch-1.jpg

Do I have to remove the original pres button eng kill switch or can the Battle switch be wired alongside it ?

Also I'll be wanting to fit my Mtronics Micro failsafe for extra protection.

Once again sorry for what probably seems a lame question but I've looked through other postings and nothing made me understand how/where to put it all together.

Cheers,
Brucie

Right if i am reading this right then you should be able to put the switches in parallel, eg add a wire to each side if the existing stop switch and route them back to your kill switch, one would go onto the SC and the other to S1 i think. I would see if anybody else agrees or ring the supplier you got it from.
Jas

jas is spot on,

the kill switch works by shorting out the spark plug to kill the engine, so you need to wire it in paralel to the existing kill button to contacts SC and S1. The kill button will still work after you install the kill switch and you can wire into the kill button or the coil (whatever is neater for you).

a kill switch normaly doesn't need an mtroniks type failsafe in order to work so long as your reciever goes 'dead' when you loose signal (test this by seeing if the servos hold position with the transmitter turned off). if your Rx does have a built in failsafe (or you use the Mtroniks one) you will need to set it to send out a 'low' (usualy brakes on) signal for the battle switch to work for you.

A failsafe on the throttle channel is allways a good idea as well (I assume this is where you are putting teh Mtroniks one?)

p.s. don't be sorry for asking, we've all been there, done that

Thanks very much for the replies.

I'll pull it apart at the weekend if not earlier and check it out.

Will come back on to let you know how I get on, or ask for more advice :)

Kindest Regards,

Brucie.

Hi all,

Just took off the pull start housing to see what was what with the wiring and I'm still stumped.

My engine is a Zenoah G2d according to the sticker on the pull start housing.

There is a single wire from each of the - Coil & Stop switch that go to a black resin type block which I think is the ignition electrics (correct me if I'm wrong) and that has a red wire that looks as if its earthed out, as it was located by the bolt that held resin block in place on the pull start housing.

Here is a pic which shows the wires as they are on my marder, so can anyone show which wires should be in which terminals on the battleswitch and where they should be added to the marder wiring.

Marderkillswitchwiring.jpg

Thanks,
Brucie

I've not seen a set up quite like that and i'm not sure what the "ignition electrics" do.

If you hook into the wires for the existing push button and wire SC and SC1 in paralel to them it should duplicate what the button does and hence should work. Best way to check would be using a multimeter to check of the button is normaly open or normaly closed (should be normaly open if it works like most other 2 stroke ignition systems).

Looking at your drawing, the simplest place to hook in may be at the end of the button wires, but you may have to do some soldering.

I've got it sorted :D

Like BrawnFG said, Wire it in at the switch, did that using the SC connection and S2 connection on the Battleswitch.

Need to solder things in place now.

Thanks for the help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks