DBXL Another Q. tires/wheels - 5ive T/B, Baja 5T, or ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mule

I have no faith in the stock DBXL tires holding up to the new engine I am getting.
SOOOO... I have been reading all of the tires & wheels threads on this section, the 5ive T & B and Baja 5T threads.
I see where guys are using the 5ive T and Baja 5T wheels on their DBXL. Some with 1" spacers and some with front Baja 5T wheels.
Are the 1" spacers safe to use?

I really want to be able to run some wide sand paddles - much better flotation on sand for this 32# beast. But, want good dirt tires too.
I don't want to drop several hundred bucks on aluminum wheels, so I'm looking at plastic.
If I get some of the Rear - Pro-Line Split six wheels for the Baja 5T what tires are going to fit? They almost look like they are staggered bead diameters...
Can rear paddles get squished onto front Baja 5T wheels?

Thanks again.

Use losi 5t rims. You'll have plenty of tires to choose from and you wont have to worry about stretching or squishing tires. I used the duratrax b5 paddles and I had to squish them onto the losi 5t rims as they were about 1/4" wider than the rim but I had no issues. If it was me I'd keep it simple and run the same size rims but if your after a sand rail look than I understand hpi 5t rims up front with ribbed tires and baja 5b rims out back if you won't have clearance issues

Last edited:
Use losi 5t rims. You'll have plenty of tires to choose from and you wont have to worry about stretching or squishing tires. I used the duratrax b5 paddles and I had to squish them onto the losi 5t rims as they were about 1/4" wider than the rim but I had no issues. If it was me I'd keep it simple and run the same size rims but if your after a sand rail look than I understand hpi 5t rims up front with ribbed tires and baja 5b rims out back if you won't have clearance issues
Did you have to run the 1" wideners with the B5 paddles? I'm not much for the sand rail look on a 4wd, I've seen some pictures and wasn't impressed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks