another question( power) hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

Just wrote a thread about big heavy monster truck wheels n tyres on my marder in tyre section then drifted into engine stuff so thought id bring it to the right section ...............

Anyway, does anybody have any idea what h p a 23cc zen would have with a 29cc bb kit, a jetpro v2 ehaust and a k and n air filter would be producing as i would really like to know this as i have read so many articles with power figures that vary so much... much appreciated lads....
p, s, maybe it doesn't really matter but down the line i would like to get arond the 5 bhp mark,Ive had some good talks with certain people on this forum about porting/ polishing and that would be my next step with a slighly taller gear ratio for better top end,,,, any ideas????

being the blocks are all the same it doesn't matter that you have a 23cc with a 29cc big bore kit, all that matters is its a zenoah 29cc. the g290rc is rated at 3.5hp. now a tuned pipe can add anywhere up to 1hp, so really all you can say is your between 3.5 and 4.5hp.

being the blocks are all the same it doesn't matter that you have a 23cc with a 29cc big bore kit, all that matters is its a zenoah 29cc. the g290rc is rated at 3.5hp. now a tuned pipe can add anywhere up to 1hp, so really all you can say is your between 3.5 and 4.5hp.
O.k that sounds good and sort of what i was expecting, nice one buddy, , seems i may have to carry on with the porting job in a bid to break the 5 bhp mark, im not looking for anythjing too serious,just that extra bashing power.....cheers sharky.:)

you may also want to consider doing a reed setup if you want big power. i have no experience wit hthem, however the oniell brothers reed kit looks pretty good, and it should make some great power with proper porting. im sure its not near what a ts reed case will put out, but for the price. i myself would be interested on hearing some more input on the onb reed manifold.

watched a vid on u tube , baja with 30.5 trevor simpson yamafied engine, this thing is a beast, wheelies on demand , even from mid speeds, crazy...would love that sort of power man.but will make do with current plans at the moment.there were some oneils brothers top end kits on e bay but had already ordered mine from shop y then, never mind,ther is always time!!the baja seem to handle pretty well and they seem to have a huge following in the states,
#

at the mo got the standard ,long yellow coloured filter what comes on race marder.k n for dry days.actually also got one of those super standard filters with the square black box n what seems to be a small piece of foam inside,bad excuse for a filter lol

Running a K&N filter will give you 0bhp cos it will suck shite in and fook yer engine :scared: Get it changed!!

Not too sure I'd agree, the right K&N mounted on the HARM base plate with the right oil, a good oiled pre filter and a baggie over it they work very well. I've always used them and never had any issues. They are a bit suspect in the wet but with half a pop bottle slid over it, they've alawys been fine for me.

K&N in the dry will be worse cos of the fine dust. If you are spending big bucks make sure your investment is well protected!! The std FG filter is as good as any.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks