Another sad day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
My heart and thoughts go out to the parents and relatives of the children that have been killed in the Connecticut shootings.
Such a bewildering event that its seems hard to grasp that a callous, heartless coward could murder children and adults in a mindless fashion.
Now I know its the "American way" to own firearms but in my opinion I should think it's time to address gun laws so that nutters find it allot more difficult to get hold of them.

J:(

My heart and thoughts go out to the parents and relatives of the children that have been killed in the Connecticut shootings.
Such a bewildering event that its seems hard to grasp that a callous, heartless coward could murder children and adults in a mindless fashion.
Now I know its the "American way" to own firearms but in my opinion I should think it's time to address gun laws so that nutters find it allot more difficult to get hold of them.

I hear you James

Its such a sad day 27 dead 20 of those were children :mad:

When will the American goverment wakeup and band guns altogether or atleast the fully automatic guns !

Troy

I think it's time to wake up to a changing world.
What was once considered acceptable, even a right, should now be fully justified.
Heartfelt feelings and thoughts go out to the families of those lost in this callous, stupid act.
May it never happen again!!

Al.

A very sad day. The gun laws in USA have to change. Such incidents are now happening to often and innocent children and teachers are losing their lives

A very sad day. The gun laws in USA have to change. Such incidents are now happening to often and innocent children and teachers are losing their lives

+1 on the above.

Why do people need to own weapons such as assault rifles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

Many lives could be saved if the people commiting these crimes had to reload or had a less powerful firearm.

It's the 7th mass shooting this year in the US and last year 30,000 Americans died from gunfire.

When will they learn?

What a shame.

We have a discussion about this over on RCNitroTalk.com as well and here is one of my replies regarding gun laws...

What I've not seen reported by the media nor surely not mentioned by the politicians is that CT already has an Assault Weapons Ban(Sec. 53-202a) Bill. Further, Adam Lanza (the gunman) was 20 years old, too young to legally purchase handguns.

The point of all this? The laws where already in place, but a CRIMINAL does not follow the law...otherwise today would have been any ordinary day and not a tragic day that has ruined many lives and hurt families.

While we all express our deepest condolences and try to wrap our heads around how someone could do such horrible acts, against kids of all else. I believe all of us should also be on guard from any of those looking to use the Newtown, CT or any other tragedy to further their political goals.

We have a discussion about this over on RCNitroTalk.com as well and here is one of my replies regarding gun laws...

What I've not seen reported by the media nor surely not mentioned by the politicians is that CT already has an Assault Weapons Ban(Sec. 53-202a) Bill. Further, Adam Lanza (the gunman) was 20 years old, too young to legally purchase handguns.

The point of all this? The laws where already in place, but a CRIMINAL does not follow the law...otherwise today would have been any ordinary day and not a tragic day that has ruined many lives and hurt families.

While we all express our deepest condolences and try to wrap our heads around how someone could do such horrible acts, against kids of all else. I believe all of us should also be on guard from any of those looking to use the Newtown, CT or any other tragedy to further their political goals.

Agreed on the political gains statement and although how many laws are passed to try and protect people against nut cases that acquire guns,If they still want to get one,they will as they can in this country.
But on the same subject,if they are enforced with further measures on restriction of FAC's there might be a reduction in fatalities.
I know there are a few members on here and RCNitroTalk.com that own firearms and because of the few lunatics it would not be fair to take them away from the sensible owners but the deaths have to be stopped or at least drastically reduced.
Just my thoughts.
J

Last edited:
im not sure about the US, but in canada fully automatic weapons are illegal, there is nothing you can do to own one. hand guns are considered a restricted firearm (along with cross-bows, go figure) and you need a restricted licence to own and carry them. long guns are actually quite easy to get, take a firearms coarse to get your firearms licence and your good to go. now a few years back in canada they started a long gun registry, requiring you to register your long guns. basicly it was to let the govt know what you had, and allowed them to search your home (or wherever you stored your guns) at any time to make sure they are being stored correctly. as a result, so many people didnt register them, didnt want the hassle. if you got caught with an unregistered gun and had a firearms licence there was nothing they could do. the end result, the whole registry was scrapped as it was pointless.

basicly what im getting at is imo run laws are pretty much pointless. the people who follow them are not the ones that are the problem. now im not saying scrap the whole licencing thing, but criminals will always find ways of getting whatever weapon they choose. and lets just say for a minute guns don't exist, they will find another method, a knife, a car, a bomb, a pitch fork, etc. look around your desk as you read this, im sure you can come up with at least 10 things you could use to kill someone that are perfectly legal.

maybe the billions spent on trying to prevent the item needs to be spent to better help the people who commit these acts before they happen. how? i cant answer that, but its food for thought.

But on the same subject,if they are enforced with further measures on restriction of FAC's there might be a reduction in fatalities.

OHH you mean like how they enforce illegals from not coming into the country? Or do you mean how they enforce drug use? Or maybe how well prohibition worked?

All laws do is make it harder for the law abiding citizen to acquire said goods, be it drugs, alcohol, or firearms. The "bad" guys will still and DO have access to said goods.

So many people are under the blind assumption that if we pass more laws all bad stuff goes away? Last I checked heroin was an illegal drug in the US, but that doesn't seem to be stopping many people... in fact in my state alone (Kentucky) it's a very serious GROWING problem.

In a perfect world everyone would follow the rules and nothing bad would happen, sadly that's a dream world and here on earth that's not ever going to happen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks