Antenna????‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Few months back picked up a new antenna for my losi and never used it? so when I was putting the twin together thought yes please got X1 antenna?? long story short when I wanted it couldn't find it so it went without one....... been running alright ?‍♂️ do I need one? Seems ok without 20191219_084823.jpg

I went without on my mtxl and had terrible range. Got real weak at about 50 ft. That could have something to do with the cheap spektrum rtr radio I was using though. Now that I switched to Futaba I have a rx with no antenna that works great, but it was built that way.

I just bend the exposed section of coax over the tube and cap off where the bend is with the rubber cap. From my helicopter and plane days, most guys swear by having the uninsulated section exposed and angled perpendicular towards your transmitter's antenna. Not a big deal for a surface radio though. Even fully encased in the antenna tube I've never had range issues.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks