anti roll bars for off road?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaean

are these worth running on an off road car?

the wholse idea of these is to reduce bodyroll but they effect the suspension travel over rough ground as mine are 5mm thick front and rear units they tend to make the car alot more bouncy when traveling over bumpy terrain as after a certain compression point it starts compressing the opposite side suspension arm?

sway bars are a give and take. some like them for offroad use, some don't. im still out on them. have them on my baja, had them without. going to get some runtime in and then take them back off and see if i can notice the differances.

may be a few, its cold, white and today wet here at my place.

no experience with large scale offroad, however with the smaller stuff (my savage for example) the swaybars really make the truck a lot more stable on and offroad. it will limit the suspension a bit though. if im running on smoother dirt or on road and not doing big air jumps, i run the swaybars, on the very rough stuff and for jumping, i unhook one side so it becomes inactive.

it all depends on your setup and terrain

Ive used them on all my cars, and have them on my Baja too. Just gone from the medium to the hard on the rear end. I find they help keep all 4 wheels on the ground for more of the time, especially in corners. I found with the medium on the rear it was still wanting to lift an inside front wheel slightly on some corners, but with the hard one on it feels more planted and stable thru the corners. Just my opinion !!:clown:

I was having major issues with grip roll in my FG Baja (a combination of poor set up and my ambition exceeding my ability). Adding a rear anti-roll bar took away some of the bite from the outside rear wheel, so the car now slides.

Overall I prefer this as it means I'm less likely to break something if I go in too quick, though it probably robs me of speed in the corners.

I think that the answer is try it ad see if you like it. If you race you are more likely to have the skills to drive your car on the edge so won't have the issues I did.

I was having major issues with grip roll in my FG Baja (a combination of poor set up and my ambition exceeding my ability). Adding a rear anti-roll bar took away some of the bite from the outside rear wheel, so the car now slides.

Thats the problem Im having and roll bars are on my shopping list. I have been told it also gives more stability when jumping. Not sure if this is right or not??

setup is all personal taste. we all drive differently. I like swaybars to keep the rc level. you lose some travel in rough sections but gain on corners. traction roll sucks...

Thats the problem Im having and roll bars are on my shopping list. I have been told it also gives more stability when jumping. Not sure if this is right or not??

in my experience andy it's a yeah as my leo was really unstable when jumpin and on rough ground, i tried loads of different set ups like twin shocks on the rear, with and without rollbars and now i've finally got it to were i like it......front and rear bars, fat alloy shocks and kcr baloon springs and it feels really good now :cool2:

I have them on my MCD and Baja and they work great for me. They are particularly useful when turning. I really helps keep the car from rolling too much..

Chris

I personally don't bother with sway bars,,,,,they tend not to work when the car is in the air.

I just widened the stance with a set of 15mm extended axles and whacked a set of rear wheels on the front.

Handles great now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks