Any ideas...

Jshaff16

So, I had both rigs out last weekend. On my dbxl it kept running worse and worse as I'm dialing in carb to get it running like it always has. Slowly got louder etc. Finally realized a bolt had worked itself out. No big deal I shut it down and carry on. Went to replace bolt last night to take it out briefly and what do you know...it's broke. Any ideas for removal? I used to work in machine shop and I could potentially get it burned out and re tapped hoping to do it myself

Let me know what y'all think

Attachments

Seandonato73

The carb doctor👨‍⚕️
I don't own left hand bits, but it looks like it would be easy enough to get it centered and drilled and backed out. I'd helicoil it or time sert it, or whatever other insert you prefer

cbaker65

Chokin the chicken too much! 🐔😳
PLUS member
If that thread hole goes all the way threw ,then you may get lucky an the piece might loosen up!..:cool:

Haric

They’re not that much. Depends on the size.
m3 & m4 you get a box of 100 for around $9. Sz m5 screws for the engine.The bigger the size gets the less the quantity and the price goes up a few bucks. I don’t have a size list. I just look at my vekta manual and get the size I need and as close as I can to the length.

Jshaff16

If you take your time with your manual and in front of a computer you can get a fairly accurate count of sizes and head types. I did this on my dbxl and went through boltdepot.com basically made my own screw kit. Spent about $30