Any place in Houston to run 1/5 scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcAlchemy

Hello forum,

New here and looking to purchase my first 1/5 scale in a week or two. I am not new to the hobby as I own several 1/8 nitros but wanting to add to my collection. I know there is a 1/8 scale track in Porter TX and a track in Alvin TX. The one in Alvin will allow 1/5 but the track is a bit small for them. Are there any places around Houston or just outside of Houston that 1/5 folks get together and run?

Lol, hey buddy! Yeah I’ll be checking them out here next week while at work haha. Do most of my searching at work! Hey was going to say if you would like to check out my Instagram it’s rc_alchemy and I have a couple other accounts of my hobbies.

That's one of the problems with 5 scale , where to run them , o.r.v. parks are good , you get things dirty but plenty of challenging stuff , another thing we do is build jumps and invade parks , set up a track with cones , it's a lot of fun , well till the ram breaks our jumps , but that was epic 🤣 welcome to the best 5 scale forum , and the place to get help and answers , this forum is , GRRRRREAT !!!

That's one of the problems with 5 scale , where to run them , o.r.v. parks are good , you get things dirty but plenty of challenging stuff , another thing we do is build jumps and invade parks , set up a track with cones , it's a lot of fun , well till the ram breaks our jumps , but that was epic 🤣 welcome to the best 5 scale forum , and the place to get help and answers , this forum is , GRRRRREAT !!!
Hey Relic-1 thanks for the reply! Are you located in the Houston area?

Smith Rc studio from YouTube is in Houston now. he went to a local 8th track nearby and they let him run 1:5 there. Try reaching out to him. He’s Luis smith on Facebook.
Hi misterleon

yeah I reached to him a while back, we became friends and I showed him that track. I’m the one at the end wearing the green top, 🤙. I used to race my 1/8 scales there but was curious if anyone around here who owns 1/5 where they might run them. Really wild in a town of 6 million people now one 1/5 track to be found in or just outside of Houston that I know of.

Last edited:
Cool being that close to home. I do believe there are some 1/5 tracks outside of Houston but near Dallas I think. Not close!

When I lived in Houston I used to just bomb around in parks and schools (after hours obviously) . don't know of any tracks there, there are a few dirt bike tracks and bmx tracks around there that might let you use you rig there (ask first).

Getting the o k from land owners is giant plus ! I just got acc SS to a grass covered area that is actually to big 🤣 I've been through this 3 times now , I get the place how we need it then they end up selling the place , but I just take it in stride , no big deal , but this place is very nice , already did a dump run for the owners and hermedically cleaned a mowed and trimmed the grass and trees to fit in a 1/4 acre track , I'm very fortunate I feel

Ya , I ran into the noise problem at a park trying to tune the raminator , got some looks that didn't look excited , more like threatened or scaird
Getting the o k from land owners is giant plus ! I just got acc SS to a grass covered area that is actually to big 🤣 I've been through this 3 times now , I get the place how we need it then they end up selling the place , but I just take it in stride , no big deal , but this place is very nice , already did a dump run for the owners and hermedically cleaned a mowed and trimmed the grass and trees to fit in a 1/4 acre track , I'm very fortunate I feel
Sounds like a great score there! Sure wish I was closer 🤙

Hello forum,

New here and looking to purchase my first 1/5 scale in a week or two. I am not new to the hobby as I own several 1/8 nitros but wanting to add to my collection. I know there is a 1/8 scale track in Porter TX and a track in Alvin TX. The one in Alvin will allow 1/5 but the track is a bit small for them. Are there any places around Houston or just outside of Houston that 1/5 folks get together and run?
welcome..i am in houston/cypress area and i don't know of any tracks around. i normally just find an open field and run mine. there is an area down the road from where i live that i go to its on greenhouse between west road and longenbaugh. https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9013458,-95.6996934,2004m/data=!3m1!1e3

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks