Anyone have experience with FLMLF parts? (Not to be confused with FLM!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnubisBC

The Professor ?‍?
Build Thread Contributor
I was just browsing parts on Amazon tonight, and I came across a set of sand paddles made by a China based company called FLMLF. They look different from the Rovan or KM tires, so I wonder if they're any good. Pretty good deal for a set of tires and wheels at $80 if they're not complete garbage. With Amazon's return policy, I might just give them a spin. But I wonder if anyone else has some experience to share.

I checked out their website (http://www.flmlf-tsrc.com/), and it looks like they offer fewer parts than KM or Rovan, but the parts they carry certainly look similar. I just wonder if they might be the same or slightly higher quality. Probably just wishful thinking on my part that they'd be any better...

I was just browsing parts on Amazon tonight, and I came across a set of sand paddles made by a China based company called FLMLF. They look different from the Rovan or KM tires, so I wonder if they're any good. Pretty good deal for a set of tires and wheels at $80 if they're not complete garbage. With Amazon's return policy, I might just give them a spin. But I wonder if anyone else has some experience to share.

I checked out their website (http://www.flmlf-tsrc.com/), and it looks like they offer fewer parts than KM or Rovan, but the parts they carry certainly look similar. I just wonder if they might be the same or slightly higher quality. Probably just wishful thinking on my part that they'd be any better...
Looks alot like rebranded rovan km stuff to me but I've never used any of their stuff so I have no idea

Yeah, that's my gut instinct as well. But these tires look nothing like KM or Rovan. Even the reinforcement in the rims looks different. Will probably nab them anyway just to see.

Nice thing about sand paddles, is they really don't wear like off road tires. So even if they're softer, they should hold up in the dunes.

the wear on your rig must be quite something

Are you referring to tire wear? The HPI sand paddles seemed quite soft and still held up just fine. RC4WD came out with a more aggressive paddle which has a lot more traction and is much stiffer. Sand just doesn't wear out tires like hard pack dirt will. There's no magic involved. It's just a very soft running surface.

Been running my MXTs in sand, and they're pretty good on the wetter stuff, but I'm looking for a paddle to really get some traction.

If you're referring to the sand wearing out my car, it's actually not been that bad. I'm not even running an enclosed clutch yet. I don't hit the dunes often. Only a few times currently. If I were to build a full on sand rig, there's a lot I would do to protect the sensitive bits. But it's just not that high on my list yet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks