Anyone tried team chase booted axles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanting to install boots on the axles but not sure how do these hold up? Anyone know if the boots actually stay on and do not rip?

https://www.ddmracing.com/Team-Chase-2752-Steel-Axles-And-Boots-for-Losi-5IVE-T-Set-of-2_2

Also what's with the modification required to install these?
I ended up returning these when I found out you need to grind clearance into the suspension arms, otherwise the boots rub on the suspension arms because they are so big. Not sure why they needed to be so big. I am running Phatdad axles and boots on my 5T which are holding up really well over 3 years now. I needed a new set for the 5B build but found out they don’t make these anymore, so ended up running the stock TLR boots and axles. Don’t know how well these will hold up yet but I didn’t have to grind the suspension arms for either of those to work.

Yeah the tlr ones due rip so that is why I was looking for a different solution.

Because no one ever took a dremel to their a arms.... or any other part of their rig.... like to clear big bore shocks. The arms will be fine. It doesn't require tons of clearance to work properly.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks