Are piston stops 100% safe to use on engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper04

Are piston stops 100% safe to use on engines? I’ve heard some people advise against them and say they can cause holing in the piston. Just wanted a general answer from the people here because I really don’t want to risk ruining any of my engines

Are piston stops 100% safe to use on engines? I’ve heard some people advise against them and say they can cause holing in the piston. Just wanted a general answer from the people here because I really don’t want to risk ruining any of my engines
I have used them no problems. But I hear they can crunch the needle bearing or put a hole in the Piston. I prefer holding the flywheel or clutch

No need for a "piston stop". I just feed some small rope down into the sparkplug hole and rotate the crank until the piston jams. Nice "soft" means of prohibiting piston movement.

PS, if you do this make sure the piston is covering the cyl ports so you don't feed the rope into the ports.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks