Are the gas powered 5th scale cars going to die out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcdude99

Hi there rcdude99 here just wandering if gasoline 5the scale rc cars are going to die out because i heard in the next couple years e powered cars are going to take over in the large scale hobby because i heard a new battery is coming out called lithium metal and i heard it has longer run times than lipo batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there rcdude99 here just wandering if gasoline 5the scale rc cars are going to die out because i heard in the next couple years e powered cars are going to take over in the large scale hobby because i heard a new battery is coming out called lithium metal and i heard it has longer run times than lipo batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope not, as long as there's a demand for the gassers they will make em I believe. I don't think they don't die, cuz with all the big bores and new types of engines coming in, they will be new stuff so I don't think so

People are already converting 5th scales to electric. I’m sure if the demand keeps growing someone will starting selling all electric RTR 5th scales

But I really doubt that will do anything to kill off the gas market.

1 gallon of premium gas $4.00
You will be tired of playing before you run out of fuel.

Lipos cost a couple hundred. They will die before you have any real fun......

Gassers are going no where any time soon :cool:

I doubt we will see the demise of gas powered 1/5 scale. I will admit I have electric, nitro and my gas powered rigs. My 1/5 is the best bang for my buck. No bs. No long charge times. No expensive fuel. Yank the cord it starts every time. People may be lazy and not want to work on stuff, but they are most likely the same people that wont get into 1/5 scale.

I doubt we will see the demise of gas powered 1/5 scale. I will admit I have electric, nitro and my gas powered rigs. My 1/5 is the best bang for my buck. No bs. No long charge times. No expensive fuel. Yank the cord it starts every time. People may be lazy and not want to work on stuff, but they are most likely the same people that wont get into 1/5 scale.
I also run electric. I have a 26 inch ProBoat - Recoil and a DJI Phantom 3 & 4 sUAS.
Downside not thrilled with the run times.
But still lots of fun.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0288.jpg

I have a freind that just purchased a 2019 Tesla, the battery in as large as the trunk, it has a 300 mile range. I advised him if a year from now people start commenting that they can see your glowing orrah, that an't your orrah, thats the radiation from your car.
Big Time Gasser,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Have you had a chance to drive it ? My brother in law owns a Tesla S P100D . I got to drive it . The acceleration is incredable .

Have you had a chance to drive it ? My brother in law owns a Tesla S P100D . I got to drive it . The acceleration is incredable .

No. I was just joking with my post, but I did tell that to my friend.
He told me that everything is sealed and other than tires and wind shield fluid there is no maintenance.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

It's like I've always said , there's no place in the motorized world for a gear grinding sound of electric cars , it's just not right to me but that being said , I just purchased my first electric car , it was the telemitry and trickery in this thing that got me , and the fact that it comes out of the box in perfect match Seahawk colors unbelievable that is y I got it , the thing is lightning fast , and u can land upside down in a different time zone , and it will correct it's self on it's own ? Funny and hillariouse at the same time !!but there is no way they will take me over,gotta have the smell of octane in the morning !!

It's like I've always said , there's no place in the motorized world for a gear grinding sound of electric cars , it's just not right to me but that being said , I just purchased my first electric car , it was the telemitry and trickery in this thing that got me , and the fact that it comes out of the box in perfect match Seahawk colors unbelievable that is y I got it , the thing is lightning fast , and u can land upside down in a different time zone , and it will correct it's self on it's own ? Funny and hillariouse at the same time !!but there is no way they will take me over,gotta have the smell of octane in the morning !!
Yup, there fast, quiet, efficient, light, and have the best acceleration but they will never beat the sound and smell of the gas engine PERIOD!!!!!!!

Im a car guy through and through, with a 450hp turbo race car. But I prefer my toys electric, easier, quicker and socially less obtrusive.
I have a 26cc marder, a oddified 23cc onroad FG comp GT3 medium a 23cc LWB comp, and an electric converted GT2 and a factory AWD brushless with 6C. Use the electric ones way more than the petrol.
JP

I just got into RC again. 1/5th scale in particular. I'm 100% hooked. I will buy several cars if need be. There are so many piston driven guys out there, I don't see it happening. Nitro maybe, but not gas powered rc.

I'm a petrol head through and through when it comes to motocross dirt bikes, ATVs and my cars/SUVs
With that said I don't have a good place in the city to run a gas RC, so I own Electric simply because it is quiet. Our local race track wont allow Gas only Nitro and Electric. Gas certainly has some challenges to its ownership.

-Liberty

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks