Arrama 8s ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have exactly the same reservation as you do. When the images and vids started to drop it was the cheap ass stiffening bar that caught my attention right off the bat. Those things are always a "whoops we ded booboo" solution. I bet they did not use enough material or the pattern wasnt as stiff as the software predicted. OR they are dirt cheap. I always opt for the latter explanation. because its mostly true.
I want to add that I wouldnt take the DBXL just because Arrma seems to have screwed up with the 8S. It is a mature platform in its 3rd incarnation by now. I don't think there are many 'childrens diseases' left and there is a solid aftermarket.

Last edited:
I've seen the bent chassis on one at the hobby shop, it wasn't a terrible bend and was caused by doing massive jumps. It still seems like a fantastic truck, just not made for xmaxx type abuse. Still plenty of fun to be had without sending it 30' in the air. We raced them around the parking lot and the truck handles fantastic, was really fast, and looks great. Electric isn't really my thing, but id get one if it was.

It still seems like a fantastic truck, just not made for xmaxx type abuse

I think people feel a little let down because everybody had the idea that it was an "xmaxx killer". Truth be told, Arrma has never advertised or even insinuated that to be the case. Its all a self propelled hypetrain run amok in the wider community. We were not let down by Arrma as much as we were let down by our own imagination.

Yes. Its impossible. But its also impossible not to dream pipe dreams when you see the images. It does look the bizniz. I think all of Arrma's vehicles looks phenomenal. Best looking brand overall, hands down. I also thought it would fly to the moon and back untill i saw that bar.

No offence, but I was a bit underwhelmed when it came out, I'm no fan of traxxas, but was (aslo) expecting the 8S to kick some x maxx arse. I guess I'm just as guilty as the next guy for my train of thought. It is a stunning looking rig tbh. May be once the aftermarket kicks in it will get a decently heavy chassis to eliminate the flex/bend issue.

New DBXLe 2.0 owner here! I think Arrma makes solid products and I think the 8s is a pretty awesome vehicle ((( BUT ))) that chassis bend issue needs to be addressed. I'm seeing a couple of makers with a replacement chassis solution but they run from $190 - $220 which is crazy! That totally negates the $899 Kraton 8s purchase price...

I'm seeing a couple of makers with a replacement chassis solution but they run from $190 - $220 which is crazy!

It's habbitual thinking, I reckon. It's expensive bebcause its niché and its niché because its expensive. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:o_O:whistle:

"I cant sell a billion of these so the ones I do make must cost a billion each"....

Seriously evssv. I've just discovered that sheet Lexan in industrial volume sale (more than 1000) is about 1,50$ per square meter (ca what's needed for a largescale shell). So either someone are paying for royalties to vehicle companies with blood and pounds of flesh or they keep a very very healthy margin on sales. After having looked a little more into CnC and having talked to some heads I know that there also is a very healthy margin on CnC machining because the raw material is not that expensive.

Wow ! Took the Arrma Kraton 8s to the mud hole today , I had two battery set ups ready to go , that thing g is insane fun , I drove it for a hour or more in mud n dirt , never broke anything , the only reason I stopped is cuz the back arms n driveshafts had become as one ? covered in mud n dirt , I'm gunna lokk for some gaurds for this thing soon as I get home n check part #'s ,but what a freekn blast !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks