As my name says.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcd-race runner-evo3

Hi Guys, i had one of the first ones that came out 2yrs ago it was number 3 in the first delivery to king cobra,but sold it on due to shock rods and shock forks braking,every time we did jumps about 12inches , my friend as just bought one again the RR comp evo 2, now the big question is do i wait a month and buy a Race Runner evo 3, we went out today with is RR comp evo2 and wow no broken shock forks,super handling and speed, i have read some posts and some seem worried about diff casing on the new evo 3 ??, what i would like to know is evo 2 or evo 3, your veiws welcome guys :)

Im just a newb in LS, and have only had my evo2 in about a month, but im really loving it. Its got its fare share of high flying jumps and bumps, but still nothing broken.

I have upgraded my original spec Race Runner to Evo 2 Comp spec and so far have not broken anything. The handling is a significant step forward and of course as the recent race meetings have proved, it will outrun any of the 2WD cars currently available.

I would wait until the Evo 3 cars have been raced here in the UK - at least one of the team drivers was going to race one last weekend - I don't know if he did though.

I would not worry too much about the diff casing - the cars have been thoroughly tested by MCD. Check out the video of the prototype cars in action http://www.rc-xtreme.de/goodies/videos.htm

Clive

Hi all,
I had an Evo 2 coming from King Cobra, thought it was the latest car out but then came on here and found out there is an Evo 3 so have cancelled the order, not going to buy a car that is out of date, as its not just a few little changes, think that maybe I should of been told that the new Evo 3 was out when I ordered the Evo 2 but there you go, and as has been said on this forum think MCD will shoot themselves in the foot if they change cars every 6 months or so, looking at the HPI now as I know the EVo 3 will be out of my price range, sad really, was looking forward to the MCD:(

Price

I have heard that the price is going to be the same as the evo II .

STILL OVERPRICED but not a bad car.

Lets see how the new hinge pins will hold up under the testing conditions.

I have lost my confidence with MCD as if you think about it .

What where these doing putting a car on the market that pops the joints every time you do a small jump ???? Hello !!!! R&D . Those cars should never been on the Market in the FIRST PLACE .

If these guys had any design experience they would test these evo I and evo II before putting unreliable cars on the market for this kind of money.

I may sound upset and I am as many guys got soaked for few grand each and MCD is upgrading their factory paid by those guys who think they are getitng a good product and in fact it is not .

Very Simple economics . I wonder if MCD had this planned out like this .

We make ok cars for 2 years , next we improve them finally we put the car that is worthy . Only after selling a ton load of cars that fall apart .

Nice going MCD. I love how they state in their ads about the fancy pictures and not so good cars from their competitors ??? Are They for Real ???

I hope we see some competition soon guys for our own good.

These cars cost about 300 bucks to make( in Turkey) and 100 bucks in China no more how do they price these at 1800 bucks for plastic cars ????

Anyone thinking of getting an Evo III WAAAAIITT. see how the new hinge pins hold up . Mono made a very valid point in one of his posts stating that the few mm of plastic may be wost than the plastic rose joints.

If the design fails they will be forced to introduce a redesign of the hinge pin design and HERE GOES EVO IV Boys.:no::no::(:(:nono:

What makes you think they did it right now ??? They did it wrong two times in the row !!!!!!!!!!:nono::nono:

Cheers,

Hi all,
I had an Evo 2 coming from King Cobra, thought it was the latest car out but then came on here and found out there is an Evo 3 so have cancelled the order, not going to buy a car that is out of date, as its not just a few little changes, think that maybe I should of been told that the new Evo 3 was out when I ordered the Evo 2 but there you go, and as has been said on this forum think MCD will shoot themselves in the foot if they change cars every 6 months or so, looking at the HPI now as I know the EVo 3 will be out of my price range, sad really, was looking forward to the MCD:(

Hi its the same price from king cobra speak to bob stiles, there will be evo2 to evo 3 upgrade soon no price yet , but i spoke to bob yesterday and richard is son, there will be changes to evo 3 but when anyone knows :)

I have heard that the price is going to be the same as the evo II .

STILL OVERPRICED but not a bad car.

Lets see how the new hinge pins will hold up under the testing conditions.

I have lost my confidence with MCD as if you think about it .

What where these doing putting a car on the market that pops the joints every time you do a small jump ???? Hello !!!! R&D . Those cars should never been on the Market in the FIRST PLACE .

If these guys had any design experience they would test these evo I and evo II before putting unreliable cars on the market for this kind of money.

I may sound upset and I am as many guys got soaked for few grand each and MCD is upgrading their factory paid by those guys who think they are getitng a good product and in fact it is not .

Very Simple economics . I wonder if MCD had this planned out like this .

We make ok cars for 2 years , next we improve them finally we put the car that is worthy . Only after selling a ton load of cars that fall apart .

Nice going MCD. I love how they state in their ads about the fancy pictures and not so good cars from their competitors ??? Are They for Real ???

I hope we see some competition soon guys for our own good.

These cars cost about 300 bucks to make( in Turkey) and 100 bucks in China no more how do they price these at 1800 bucks for plastic cars ????

Anyone thinking of getting an Evo III WAAAAIITT. see how the new hinge pins hold up . Mono made a very valid point in one of his posts stating that the few mm of plastic may be wost than the plastic rose joints.

If the design fails they will be forced to introduce a redesign of the hinge pin design and HERE GOES EVO IV Boys.:no::no::(:(:nono:

What makes you think they did it right now ??? They did it wrong two times in the row !!!!!!!!!!:nono::nono:

Cheers,

well i will test it for all us guys , i have one coming very shortly, my marder as the pins at the front so do some of my other cars the balls are normally at the rear like on a marder, one thing i noticed someone say, if you crash, well how often do you crash , i don't crash that often , my fg as run in to trees flipped 5 6 7 times and these have pins , i think its stronger , they wouldnt change to pins as the balls just kept popping, after 6 or 7 rough days, as on my first RR they did this all the time :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks