Attachments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Just a bit of knowledge about attachments you have added to this site that you may not know.

Your photos are not just usable that one time. (Did you know that?)
You can use your photo's over and over again without up linking them again and again.
I did not know this until I found that I uploaded the maximum amount of photos and could not add anymore.

Here is what you can do:

Upload your photo in your post.
You will notice your photo is a small thumbnail and is now in your post.
You can do one of two things.
One, is leave it small making the thread easier for others with slower Internet speeds to choose to make it larger.
The other is to make your photo larger like it was linked from another site.

Here is how:

After you have uploaded it post your post. You photo is forever with your user.
If its the post you just posted you want the photo to be larger in then click on your thumbnail to make it larger.
If the photo opened in another tab with WIE then you can just copy the address bar of the large photo, edit your post, then copy the address in the "Insert Image" link box that comes up when you hit the button that looks like a photo next to the quote box on top of the post box.
IF the photo just gets larger in the black photo box then you can click on the photo again in WIE and it will open in another tab and you can copy the address. Or you can just right click on the larger photo, goto properties, then copy the address in the properties box. Then do the same copy in your post in the photo box link.

Now if its a photo you would like to use that you have already uploaded then you can search all the photos that you have uploaded by doing the following:

Hit the UserCp link at the top left of the forum.
At the bottom left under Miscellaneous you will hit Attachments.
There you will find the Attachments that you have uploaded.
You can see them in thumbnail view by hitting the "Show Thumbnails" link on the bottom left.
From there you can click on the photo and copy the address of the large photo to link in your post or see where the posts you linked them to show others the Thread.

attachment.php

attachment.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks