Bad shock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota RC

I found that my front shock was binding up and not returning when compressed. I looked into it found that the inner cylinder is scuffed up pretty bad. Could I use a very fine sand paper and smooth this out or do i need a new one?shock.jpg

Last edited:
Aluminum is pretty soft but that looks a bit rough for the plastic/delrin to do that.Have you tried rubbing a cotton ball over it to see if it gets caught on the edges?I know it feels smooth but I am guessing sliding your finger into it at a weird angle isn't helping much for feeling around.

Aluminum is pretty soft but that looks a bit rough for the plastic/delrin to do that.Have you tried rubbing a cotton ball over it to see if it gets caught on the edges?I know it feels smooth but I am guessing sliding your finger into it at a weird angle isn't helping much for feeling around.
It wasn't smooth - pretty rough. To your point @1Coopgt I haven't focused much about that, but I'm going to check but have seen it roll with no noticeable change in shape - but could be wrong. I'm going to double check - even though if I do need it, just made an order with DDM.

You could use a brake hone and a little bit of oil to clean it up. It would only take a few minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-080850_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404-080850_Chrome.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks