Baja 5b Pull start problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mhall

Hey every one. Im new to the baja world as of last week. The first 2 tanks of fuel worked flawless but now im haveing a world of problems, First my throttle survo went all crazy (Hitec HS-5645mg). I think it might be my reciever causing the problem, so while trouble shooting this i went to start it and the pull start broke... sweet!!! Iv only pulled it about 12 times total. There is a little plastic thing that must be the drive dog, well its in about 5 pieces now. Now im not sure if i can get parts for it or do i just Have buy a new pull start. 15478e is the part and its on page 77 of the Baja ss manual. Thank you for any help you can give me!!

in regards to the electrical problem... i just finished a full charge on the battery. The problems started after a fairly good cartwheel.... but not as harsh of a crash as it has seen before. I was thinking that mounting the fm reciver solid in the box might have pick up some vibrations that are causing some problems.... which might explain why it works fine with out the moter running... but as son as you start it and work the throttle it will bounce from full to idle..... Any thoughts??

i would atribute that to interferance from the coil. double check the spark plug is an R (resistor) type. also check you have no nics tears in the plug wire or cap. that could also let the plug spark cause interferance with the radio.

be sure your antenna wire doesn't have any nics.

At first i thought it was a spark plug problem as well, so how do i check the wire...With a new one? and as for the spark plug... its still the stalk one. I have to wait for parts for the starter before i can test any thing unless i make my self a roto start out of my drill.

i bet its the spark plug wire cuz it only happens when the rpms are more than an idol. So when ever the spark gets hot it causes interference with the receiver, which is making the throttle servo screw up.

check your throttle/brake linkages to see that they are not rubbing on the clutch housing. if it is, that could be some of the problem.

you just need to take the flywheel cover off and inspect the plug wire for holes crack in the insalation and the top boot. same with the antenna wire. look for crack and splits in the insalation around the wire. if there is a spot where the bare wire is showing thru, that could be where the interferance is coming from.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks