Baja 5sc RTR & Baja 5sc SS questions ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop

Hello everyone, I am wanting to get a Baja 5sc and am not sure if I should get the RTR or the SS. Does the ready to run have the same upgraded parts that the SS has ? I have a Baja 5b SS that I need to build, just have not got around to it so that would be 2 that I would have to build. What do you think. Is the SC that much better than the 5T ?

Hello everyone, I am wanting to get a Baja 5sc and am not sure if I should get the RTR or the SS. Does the ready to run have the same upgraded parts that the SS has ? I have a Baja 5b SS that I need to build, just have not got around to it so that would be 2 that I would have to build. What do you think. Is the SC that much better than the 5T ?

I was thinking the same thing when i was going to get it, ither the SS or the
RTR

I would buy the SS only because i want to build it myself and you get a clear
body with it to, so you can paint your own design but it does'nt come with radio but it comes with one servo and the ss pipe, and there is no big difference in the 5sc and the 5t....

the only difference between the 5t and the sc is...

Updated Rear Hubs

New Front & Rear Short Course Bumpers

New Short Course Body

Super Heavy Duty Drive Shafts

Super Heavy Duty Diff Shafts

Super Heavy Duty Drive Axles

Anyways mate its up to you what ever you pick...

i'd say SS over the RTR

Andy :)

I personally would pick a kit over the RTR just because of the electronics and radio systems are not what I would use. On ANY model.
Plus you will learn a great deal on putting your R/C together rather then letting some kid over seas put it together. :)

Is it me?
+1 BtB on building kits - I love building kits, every since my first Airfix, but it appears that everyone who's bought an 'SS' has had parts missing.
For that reason I'd get a ready-to-run and modify where is agreed appropriate.
Al.

I was kinda worried about the parts missing thing too, I have the Baja 5b SS to build and it has been sitting for a month. I do not know how long it would be befor I would get around to building the SC ss. I might just go with the RTR and change the radio along with some hop-ups.

I was kinda worried about the parts missing thing too, I have the Baja 5b SS to build and it has been sitting for a month. I do not know how long it would be befor I would get around to building the SC ss. I might just go with the RTR and change the radio along with some hop-ups.

I belive this problem is sorted now with HPI it was the first loot of SS's
that had the problem with the parts going missing but they say the next
loot is goin to be fine!

They would though wouldn't they? !!!
Al.

NOOO, They would say "Nope we screwed up and the next batch is bad too, go ahead and buy one, and we will ship you out the parts when we feel like it." :laugh:

How is someone going to know which batch is which anyway? They will just say you have the old one. :laugh: again.

Hey, just got the shipment of defibrillator's in, oops, no paddles, they say they will be shipped out in a few weeks...

Yes, this is a good analogy. Do you realize how hard it is to look at a new Baja with out being able to run or build it. You feel like your going to die!!!!

Last edited:
I still have to build the Baja 5b SS I got sitting on the table, just waiting on all the hop-ups I have ordered for it. I am just worried about the parts thing and when I get around to the build will they still honor the missing parts ? Then they ship parts out parcel post which take a month to get up in Alaska.

I still have to build the Baja 5b SS I got sitting on the table, just waiting on all the hop-ups I have ordered for it. I am just worried about the parts thing and when I get around to the build will they still honor the missing parts ? Then they ship parts out parcel post which take a month to get up in Alaska.

You don't have to listen to all of us :lol: you go for the RTR if you want! ;)

After all of the doubts, personally I would go for the kit - love making them and I'd know how it was bolted together, and how to disassemble without spending minutes scouring the internet for plans, or 'doing a Clarkson' and stuffing it up royally!!
Al.

I have the RTR 5SC. The difference between the two are: header, tuned pipe and the clear body. I might be missing something. I wanted to get the kit, but I was certain I wouldn't be motivated enough to get the project done fast enough. Plus, the RTR version was perfect since I wanted the Zenoah 30.5cc engine and CPI tuned pipe.

The transmitter is lacking and servos aren't the best, but at least I was up an running after unboxing it. I'd say if you have some time on your hands, then get the kit. If not... RTR, ftw.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks