Baja 5t Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausy69

Hello. ..Need advice please. Am new to 1/5 size and want to upgrade clutch system. don't want to spend hundreds on an upgrade. Just something better then the stock clutch...Any ideas please

Thanks for your time. I agree with waiting until things break but already think clutch carrier may have melted. Didnt realise until I had read some reviews about too much heat generating from motor. I work away and cant check my buggy for a couple of weeks but when I last used it was brand new and I run 2 tanks of fuel before giving it a bit of curry. It started rolling while idling. I checked the brakes and clutch system not really knowing what I was looking for , but when I took the clutch bell housing off , the spring had come off the clutch shoes. I put it back on but it remained loose . Now I realize that the clutch is probably stuffed . I uave since read that the spring should not come off easily ? Also at the same time I notice a lot of plastic that had shredded around tye pinion gear which now I believe is from the plastic clutch carrier. Finally , I also noticed that I could move the bell housing from side to side just a bit and even when I turned it , it didnt turn smoothly. From what I have read , I think I have melted the clutch carrier. Can't Check until I get home....So after all this writing. ..lol...my question is : Instead of spending hundreds on turtle racing upgrade , should I buy a vented bell housing , alloy clutch carrier and new clutch and spring. My buggy was supposed to have 8000 rpm clutch but I don't think it did. All the pictures I have seen are red springs , where mine is a black spring. ...What do you think...

Thanks for your time. I agree with waiting until things break but already think clutch carrier may have melted. Didnt realise until I had read some reviews about too much heat generating from motor. I work away and cant check my buggy for a couple of weeks but when I last used it was brand new and I run 2 tanks of fuel before giving it a bit of curry. It started rolling while idling. I checked the brakes and clutch system not really knowing what I was looking for , but when I took the clutch bell housing off , the spring had come off the clutch shoes. I put it back on but it remained loose . Now I realize that the clutch is probably stuffed . I uave since read that the spring should not come off easily ? Also at the same time I notice a lot of plastic that had shredded around tye pinion gear which now I believe is from the plastic clutch carrier. Finally , I also noticed that I could move the bell housing from side to side just a bit and even when I turned it , it didnt turn smoothly. From what I have read , I think I have melted the clutch carrier. Can't Check until I get home....So after all this writing. ..lol...my question is : Instead of spending hundreds on turtle racing upgrade , should I buy a vented bell housing , alloy clutch carrier and new clutch and spring. My buggy was supposed to have 8000 rpm clutch but I don't think it did. All the pictures I have seen are red springs , where mine is a black spring. ...What do you think...

I think the black spring is 6,000 rpm. I upgraded my clutch bell to a MadMax vented style right away to get away from the prone to breakage poor design of the stocker. I have 2 cars and one of them I changed the bell carrier and one has the stock plastic one. Both cars have had 5 or 6 tanks through them with zero problems.

Below is a picture of a Vertigo which is the same design but different style venting. Either one would be a cheap upgrade.

http://www.predatorrc.com.au/images/thumbs/def/plist/hex-drive-bell.jpg
hex-drive-bell.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks