Baja front brakes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mecatech if you want the best front brakes available, are dead set on having them

20200829_134432.jpg
It's a waste of money. All you need is rcr brakes, its a replacement for the stock brakes. All the bigbore guys use them, I use them, multiple others in here use them . They are the best off the best ?
Far from a waste, they are amazing when they are setup correctly. Much stronger than RCR brakes, if you have the coin their worth it.

Last edited:
Heard a lot of good stuff about Mecatech, pretty confident they're the best available.
I can't even remember what no-name cable disk brakes I'm running, they were ~£70 and without them my Baja would be totalled.
I stole this image from online, but this is exactly what mine look like:
1611283542816.png
I was worried how quickly they might wear but they're holding up great despite the hell I give them.

Mechatech are the best. You'll never hear anyone complain about them but are in the $250-$300 price range. Cable brakes are $50-$75 for fronts. Rovan makes a decent looking front brake kit that I will most likely be ordering myself.

I have "king motor" cable front brakes.
instructions were stupid, but after some modifications they work well
I would not recommend that brand.

Huge difference in the way it stops.
Got them for the most part because of a neighbor kid.
Sometimes when I'm out bashing in my culdesac the kid will come in with his little rc and get in my way.
I'm worried I'll hurt him or destroy his toy when mine crashes through it at full speed.

Granted, i accept that if i did destroy his toy, i would leave a real rc car with his dad and let him make the decision. :LOL:

Front brakes on my 5b made a huge difference. (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks