Baja Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Williams

Hi guys, recently i bought myself i Baja SBK and i built it and waiting for the motor but there seems to be no way to attatch the motor to the chassis only the upper motor plate. I have allways know for the motors to be bolted down to the chassis. Please anyone help if possible. Thank you.Motor mount.jpg

For the Flux, the motor only attaches to the motor plate on the side (not to the slots you are showing). Those slots are actually for a plastic cover which you'll attach at the very end of the build.

Just follow the manual - I finished this build recently and other than some part numbers which were wrong, everything goes together as you would expect.

Oh right i get it now thanks for your help im releaved now haha thanks again. :)
For the Flux, the motor only attaches to the motor plate on the side (not to the slots you are showing). Those slots are actually for a plastic cover which you'll attach at the very end of the build.

Just follow the manual - I finished this build recently and other than some part numbers which were wrong, everything goes together as you would expect.

Hi guys, recently i bought myself i Baja SBK and i built it and waiting for the motor but there seems to be no way to attatch the motor to the chassis only the upper motor plate. I have allways know for the motors to be bolted down to the chassis. Please anyone help if possible. Thank you.View attachment 87183
Believe ,me the engine will be bolted to the chassey.
this is one of the hardest fifth scales to work on.
i have had 5 of theese at different times. just finished building one of the self build kits.

Attachments

• 20230510_122345.jpg
    20230510_122345.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230510_122404.jpg
    20230510_122404.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230510_122425.jpg
    20230510_122425.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 14
Mine is electric (Flux)
Believe ,me the engine will be bolted to the chassey.
this is one of the hardest fifth scales to work on.
i have had 5 of theese at different times. just finished building one of the self build kits

And as Smirkracing has said all it needs to do is to connect the electric motor to the rear upper chassis plate. Thanks for your help.

Im getting the hang of it now i appreciate all of your help.

Last edited:
This guy did a complete build on YT. I used these of videos a couple of times when I was stuck (go this homepage and search for Baja and you'll get an entire series of videos covering each major section).

He does a great job of capturing on video almost every part of the build for the Flux version.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks