Baja on the Beach, what's needed ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mofomaxx

Righto folks, first up i may never have owned a 1/5th petrol rc before, but iv been rc'ing for nearly 20 years now (damn i feel old saying that) & am looking at getting a Baja in time for some summer lovin' on the beach :cool2: ..... though this being a UK beach it'll probably still be wet :no:

I've done a fair bit of reading up & one of our UK mags recently did a nice article on the Baja, so i know all about the "Outerwear" gear for pully, filter, shocks, plus the "Gonads" pre-filters, plus being a nitro-runner for a few years (an an ex motorcrosser) i know the need for a good zorst so an x-can seems like it'll be on the list..... but other than that lot (and a bunch of spare bearings) are there any other things you guys would deem essential for running on the sand, mainly from a reliability point of view ?

Any & all advice much appreciated, cheers,
Andy

I would say pick up a spare clutch. And shock shafts if you will be jumping it.Other than the outerwears you should be up for some good fun.

Is the water salt or fresh? If fresh, then the standard waterproofing measures will suffice. If it is saltwater, then the best thing to do is run in the dry sand and NEVER in the wet. The salt just gets into everything and your buggy will never be the same. This comes from experience. ;)

Have fun!

Ohhhh its salt alright, :boat: ..... i wouldn't ever really run it in the water, there's LOTS of sand & a lot of it dry, but this being the UK there's also lots of it wet, especially since we have a very shallow seabed right here in southport so when the tide is out, it's OUT a loooong way, meaning lots of sand & a great huge expanse to run on but yep it will have salty puddles, however imknow & am happy to do lots of cleaning..... just want to take as many precautions as possible too help me out..... on the plus side "inside" the coast road there's also plenty of dunes for a bit of serious offroad:)

What about this turtle racing (?) clutch iv read about ? non-vented to keep the crap out i believe ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks