Baja won't move ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timetoshine

Hello guys, just changed a few things on my baja : clutch, clutch bell, turtle racing v2 clutch system and RCR brakes. When I start my baja it didn't move ! Gears seems ok but it keep spinning without going foward ? Any tips on what's wrong ? Thanks ^_^

What do you mean by spinning?

Your gear mesh was good
Year gear mech seems to be good and everything looks fine. At first I changed everything except the clutch (it worked before) and once assembled, impossible to roll the baja. I tried to change to a new clutch 8000RPM and still impossible to roll. I'm not sure where the problem is.
I put a FS 54MM 8k spring, and I have this issue :
, it's reving but won't move.

Year gear mech seems to be good and everything looks fine. At first I changed everything except the clutch (it worked before) and once assembled, impossible to roll the baja. I tried to change to a new clutch 8000RPM and still impossible to roll. I'm not sure where the problem is.
I think you need to adjust the slipper clutch
Watch this video

I think you need to adjust the slipper clutch
Sorry for my ignorance, but how am I supposed to do that? How did my clutch work before I put the turtle racing v2 clutch system? Can the clutch bell be too big for the clutch or is it standard for size? It's just an idea because everything seems to be reinstalled

he talks about it briefly In this video.
I don't have a slipper clutch tho, sorry my goal was to show that I have the same issue (reving without moving) with my FS 54mm 8k spring, turtle V2 clutch system and 19-55 gears

That spur gear setup you have is the power control spur gear set up and that is a slipper clutch set up, it's the same one in the video
Yeah but I don't have a slipper clutch (red one) like in the video, I was only to show my problem ahah:ROFLMAO:

Ohh lol. Is there a pin missing in the dog bones or hexes? Maybe a stripped wheel hex?
Dunno I check quickly and when I'm turning the gear, the wheel hex are moving but not too much tho. Are the wheels supposedly turned instantly when the gears are spinning

Did you take the clutch off? Coz the clutch plate is a friction fit and if it's not tight enough it will slip. Did you take off the bake hex? Forget to put the grub screw back? Is your pinion stripped?View attachment 51273
Mine revved not moving??
Damn I don't know why your spur gear seems to be new :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Yes I changed my clutch and everything seems to be nice out there. maybe I have to check my dog bones pins. dunno :(

If you place the car on the floor and pick the front wheels off the ground and roll the car forward are the spur gear moving?
What type of clutch bell and pinion are you using? Pinion gear loose?
I'll try it tonight ! TR v2 clutch system with the clutch bell on the kit and TR recommanded metal pinion gear 19T
If you place the car on the floor and pick the front wheels off the ground and roll the car forward are the spur gear moving?
What type of clutch bell and pinion are you using? Pinion gear loose?
One thing weird I notice is when I installed the clutch and try to tighten up with the piston stop installed, the clutch did not stay in position, she was always trying to get back to a specific position by turning? Is this normal?

Last edited:
Clutch needs tightening the slipper clutch or adjusting

Yeah but I don't have a slipper clutch (red one) like in the video, I was only to show my problem ahah:ROFLMAO:
You actually made things worse by posting that video. Thanks. Although I know what was wrong with that guys slipper clutch. He was missing the big center spring .

As for your issue who knows without pictures of or a video of your set up. It could be anything. Find and download the HPI 5B Manual if you don't have it and go through the diff and clutch assembly pages and see what you miss when you put it all back together.

You actually made things worse by posting that video. Thanks. Although I know what was wrong with that guys slipper clutch. He was missing the big center spring .

As for your issue who knows without pictures of or a video of your set up. It could be anything. Find and download the HPI 5B Manual if you don't have it and go through the diff and clutch assembly pages and see what you miss when you put it all back together.
+1??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks