Ball ends for steering linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkill

Mad?scientist
Got any links to good ones ? these plastic ones suck ! how about just the ball ends in metal . Also do you know the thread sizes on the small ones that go to the servo and also the rods ??

what rig we talking here?
Rovan 1/5 sc buggy , I found the M4 ones in aluminum , just need the 6mm ones , I found some on McMaster-Carr for $6 each , IF I am right this will tighten up the steering significantly ? there is the carrier from the rod ends to the servo that I am not sure about ?

These might work also ???? https://www.mcmaster.com/6058K811/rod ends.png

those look the business ??
I just need M6 sizes for the rod ends , don't have to match or be pretty LOL ! Metal tight ball type

Well after looking closely at the system it appears a lot of the slop is from the ball end reciever parts they rock around and cause most of the slop , it adds up all along the path so ? you would have to replace the couple/ball end receiver to fix it . The big rod ends have slop the small rod ends etc.

Last edited:
anybody know the size of the ball ends on a ROvan baja ?
ya well they are 4mm screw size at the wheel and 6mm threaded female hole , ODD size ! I guess I could drill/tap the 4mm out to a 6mm size ?

Last edited:
Im gonna try using Nylon 3mm screws tapped into the side of the plastic ball end as a tightener for the big ball ends and see if that works on the cheap. ??? anybody try this before "?
OK I modded my cheap plastic linkages , used some 4-40 nylon set screws and nuts , drilled and tapped the ends and adjusted them TOTALLY tight now !!! cheap ass way to tighten up your cheap plastic fittings.

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_224145505.jpg
    IMG_20201022_224145505.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201022_224016227.jpg
    IMG_20201022_224016227.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201022_223936770.jpg
    IMG_20201022_223936770.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks