Bantamweight Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killer RC Baja Lipo.
That master cylinder looks like a pretty trick piece.
Mechtech, they’re supposed to be the best but DDM have pulled them now so I don’t think it’ll be easy getting some unless you contact Italy.

Good luck with that. Hahahaha. My dad lived there for 20 years and it’s different to say the least, brilliant yet terrible.

Last edited:
I've ran mecatech a few times. Love them, have them on my outlaw now just have to bleed them. Have a new set in the box just not sure what they will be going on
Yeah I've got 2 sets but I've only got 2 Baja's. I think DDM has stopped selling them because I was looking for the instructions which used to be on their website and they've pulled the product. When you click on Mechatech there's just a blank page now. Luckily RC-DE will carry spares for the foreseeable.

Yeah I've got 2 sets but I've only got 2 Baja's. I think DDM has stopped selling them because I was looking for the instructions which used to be on their website and they've pulled the product. When you click on Mechatech there's just a blank page now. Luckily RC-DE will carry spares for the foreseeable.
Yep, pretty sure they quit carrying them because of parts support among many other brands

More progress has been made. I put the gear plate, pinion and spur together.
4F814C76-C551-411E-8723-471E05D6D29A.jpeg

I had to Dremel one of the brake posts so it would clear the engine mount.
3D8655ED-B634-417D-B08A-F991F0BC1086.jpeg

I always check everything turns as I go along. I modded the spur for the PCSC. Like below all you have to do is enlarge the hole.
image.jpg

I mounted everything up and it turned butter smooth until I tightened the locknut on the lay shaft and then it all went super tight.
8BEEBA01-17AA-4E56-AE67-D0085A4543BE.jpeg

It just feels super tight. I’m hoping the plastic wears in before the bearings wear out. 🤣

I’m running 19/55 gears. Hostile spur and Vertigo pinion. On closer inspection the mesh seems super tight, I’ve not used this setup or combo before so time will tell.
5117D9FB-EBB0-4A08-A986-5EA6ABA7FDCF.jpeg

Have any of you experienced tightness in new gears or certain manufacturer combos?

did you end up doing the pcsc top hat spacer mod miles ?
i have the same 19/55 setup with my pcsc and mines super smooth, but i'm using one of coalminers top hat spacers(y):)

did you end up doing the pcsc top hat spacer mod miles ?
i have the same 19/55 setup with my pcsc and mines super smooth, but i'm using one of coalminers top hat spacers(y):)
No I still need to do that but I've got a few jobs for fruitbat that i've been saving up. I need another Ti layshaft for the PCSC for my other build and a modded clutch basket.. I'm gonna see if Bonehead can make some clutch plates for me out of carbon.

And on that note I'm going to need your help mate on 2 things, first you did a mod to stop loosing stock steering arms but i can't find it. I'll PM you on the second.

Alright Then Keep Your Secrets GIF by hero0fwar

I'll PM you on the second.

No I still need to do that but I've got a few jobs for fruitbat that i've been saving up. I need another Ti layshaft for the PCSC for my other build and a modded clutch basket.. I'm gonna see if Bonehead can make some clutch plates for me out of carbon.

And on that note I'm going to need your help mate on 2 things, first you did a mod to stop loosing stock steering arms but i can't find it. I'll PM you on the second.
the lack of the top hat washer or the spacers may be the issue with the binding/tightness with the hostile spur miles (y),
contact dean as soon as ya can as well, he's super busy at moment,
yeh the cable mod for the stock steering arms miles, that will be in my bitsa baja build thread (y):D,
i'll see if can find some pics a bit later matey, easy mod though, and would be better with a lighter guage cable , i used some of swingy p's baja limiting cables, but cant remember if i used fronts or rears, i'll need to measure em to check,
gonna have a looksy at pm now miles, now i'm back online with crappy northern internet (y):ROFLMAO:

the lack of the top hat washer or the spacers may be the issue with the binding/tightness with the hostile spur miles (y),
contact dean as soon as ya can as well, he's super busy at moment,
yeh the cable mod for the stock steering arms miles, that will be in my bitsa baja build thread (y):D,
i'll see if can find some pics a bit later matey, easy mod though, and would be better with a lighter guage cable , i used some of swingy p's baja limiting cables, but cant remember if i used fronts or rears, i'll need to measure em to check,
gonna have a looksy at pm now miles, now i'm back online with crappy northern internet (y):ROFLMAO:
I’m using the Biscuits Mod. So instead of a top hat washer I’m using a penny washer and shims, has worked perfectly in the past.

Ive dealt with tight gear mesh before. Ended up lossening everything including the transmission and pried a bit on the transmission while tightening everything down and it helped a bit. I Also have shredded the exact hostile spur gear you have because the mesh was too tight.

I’m using the Biscuits Mod. So instead of a top hat washer I’m using a penny washer and shims, has worked perfectly in the past.
yeh either mod works just as well for the pcsc miles (y)(y),
the cable mod for the stock arms, a couple pics below miles,
bear in mind i'm using the extended kraken arms and steering links though so cable length would need to be shorter for the stock length joints ,
but i used some 125mm cables that i got swingy to make up for me (y), thats 125,mm total length from end of eyelet to end of eyelet,
pics are a tad wank cos forgot about light from window in workshop 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,

yeh either mod works just as well for the pcsc miles (y)(y),
the cable mod for the stock arms, a couple pics below miles,
bear in mind i'm using the extended kraken arms and steering links though so cable length would need to be shorter for the stock length joints ,
but i used some 125mm cables that i got swingy to make up for me (y), thats 125,mm total length from end of eyelet to end of eyelet,
pics are a tad wank cos forgot about light from window in workshop 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
Top man, thanks a lot Paul. 👍🏽

So I fixed my binding issue. I changed my gearbox back to a TR one and problem solved, transmission is now butter smooth. I’ve put 20/54 gears on there for now, let’s hope the engine can pull them. 🦾
74FD4380-BFCC-458F-8DAC-BE9461DDA5AE.jpeg

I need to sort the electrics box out, I could make it way better for my set up with 3D printer. I’m doing some research at the moment, luckily I have cousin who teaches it.

This is the receiver box that will have the Rx and kill switch, LED and power switch
C519A5FD-DF9A-4EBD-8BC6-AE0F6B01CCB1.jpeg

This is the battery tray that holds the Rx box down but it’s not quite wide enough for the Killer RC lipo and I also need to find a place to mount the ECU. I know it might be a gimmick but I’ve heard mixed reviews and I’ll find out for myself.
24591AF5-43A4-4D48-ACB8-B678542ADBF5.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks