Bartolone Silenced Pipe Question - DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AstroWX

Hi,

I recently received a Bartolone Racing Silenced pipe with a DBXL on the way, and without the instructions I'm a bit lost on the hardware. I have seen videos on the mounts where the pipe bolts into a drilled hole on the chassis. However, the one I received mounts on the top right with a perpendicular mount. I haven't heard from Bartolone after shooting them an email. Any tips / pointers or diagrams on where the different bolts go on the mounting bracket? Thank you!

P.S. - Any fuel mixing bottles y'all recommend?
P.S. 2 - Do you recommend breaking it in with the stock muffler, or with the pipe installed?

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! Great to have such helpful, kind people as a resource. I picked up a measuring cup from the hardware store today for cheap. Made a little app for fuel ratios because I couldn't find one that could go between gallons of fuel and mL of oil.

I'm guessing it's fine to do this? Mixing 0.5gal of fuel with 75mL of oil? Sorry for the numerous questions.

Thanks.

Thank you everyone! Great to have such helpful, kind people as a resource. I picked up a measuring cup from the hardware store today for cheap. Made a little app for fuel ratios because I couldn't find one that could go between gallons of fuel and mL of oil.

I'm guessing it's fine to do this? Mixing 0.5gal of fuel with 75mL of oil? Sorry for the numerous questions.

Thanks.
If you have the know how to build an app for fuel/oil ratios I think you will be fine lol...As long as your conversion math is correct. Have fun with it man it's what this hobby is all about.

Thanks.
That sounds about right, doing some dirty math in my head... puts you about 26:1

2 things will get the forum in a twist: asking what oil to use, and asking what ratio to use...
Some will tell you 25:1, others 32:1... if you are somewhere in that range you will be fine... the most important thing is to get a good quality 2 stroke oil... do not get that chainsaw oil... you need a 'racing' oil or high performance. Everyone has their preference, usually based on what is easily available.

Welcome to the hobby. I hope you enjoy as much as we do!

That sounds about right, doing some dirty math in my head... puts you about 26:1

2 things will get the forum in a twist: asking what oil to use, and asking what ratio to use...
Some will tell you 25:1, others 32:1... if you are somewhere in that range you will be fine... the most important thing is to get a good quality 2 stroke oil... do not get that chainsaw oil... you need a 'racing' oil or high performance. Everyone has their preference, usually based on what is easily available.

Welcome to the hobby. I hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Thanks! Yep, the conversion isn't exact but close enough hah. My plan is to go through the oil that comes with it first then switch to something I can get more of at a time.. I'll have to pick up some high performance stuff. Was eyeing out the amsoil racing bottles as an option.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks