bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja204

I just bought my 5b and wondering how tough it is. I know its heavy and bottoms out a lot but will it take a beating? I have a savage x and its been to hell and almost back but it takes a lickin...

check our sister forum www.hpibajaforum.com for all the baja info you may ever want to read. plenty of posts on durability, possibile early failures and fixes, as well as a BIG Video section of bajas being thuroughly bashed.

I would have to say if you land it flat it will be OK. If you are off on the right or left front and bang, the lower arm will snap. Get yourself some lower arms if you will be jumping thats about all I go through. But then again one persons jumps are way more then others.:no:

yeah so 3 feet of air onto wet sand will fold ur shock shafts into bannanas on the rtr 5b..... so i went to my local hobby shop and found out the ss's shock shafts are twicethe diameter.... and they tell me the whole shock assembly is different?... so i bought the rebuild set which has the bottom seals,dust cover and everything except the shock body. NOW why wont the ss fit its the same shock body. or is it????????

Here is a quick vid of our last bash thanks to gdschaf's bro. Here is the weak spot on the front if you hit wrong.:no:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VauHSJ7bGA
Yup another front lower arm injury.:clown:
That benched me and I had jto watch my 7 year old show me up on jumping the FGMT in high style.
He made sure to tell me HE didn't brake anything this time out!

Damn BtB, that looked terrible. I writhed in pain seeing the arm just contort like that. Maybe it's time to hand the remote over to your kid! :smartass:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks