batterys vs servo (voltage vs consumption)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaean

anyone know what the max voltage a servo can handle? currently using 5aa re-chargeable pack (6v) but is it safe to use say a 7.2 volt 5 or 6 cell D size battery?

in other words whats the best 5 or 6 cell pack i can use to power the servos in my 1/5th buggy?

also is it safe to run these all through the receiver so should i build a distribution block and run positive and neg feeds directly from the servo's to the battery pack?

thanks!

most Good servos are rated for 6v. Some of the older (say 5 yrs or so) only handle 5v.

some of the newest HVT type servos can take a 2s lipo on direct (7.4).

I use a 3s lipo with a castle bec as a voltage regulator on 6v setting. the 3s lasts forever so I don't have to worrky about charging. even though it is a 2200 mah battery, it is really much higher in actual usage since the voltage is being stepped down... never used more than 1200 mah in a weekend with digi servos

as far as direct connection, it depends on the age of the receivers. older receivers were only capable of 5v bec. some you could get past that by plugging the battery into one of the channels or using a Y cable. not many receivers nowadays, if any, limit what you put in for voltage, so be careful running too much. I have fried servos and rx's experimenting with voltage

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks