Beadlocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So i went ahead a few weeks back and ordered a complete set of mad max rims tires and inners(y) after only going out 3 times with them on my rig, the rims were catching on the steering rod ends:mad:.
Not a load but enough to wear the rod ends down, about 1/4 of the plastic is gone(n)
So with out doubt in the near future ill have to replace the rod ends :cautious:.
So never had a pair of rims like this before. Is this normal? Surely this should not happen?
There is a bit of play on the front with caster blocks hubs and bellcrank. Im thinking its the mad max rims are tad too small or the inner beadlock is to thick?
So i decided to try a set of losi stock beadlock rims to see if the issue goes away
Oh and a bunch of rod ends(y)
What are your experiences with this issue and beadlocks?

1540475235677.png

Last edited:
So i went ahead a few weeks back and ordered a complete set of mad max rims tires and inners(y) after only going out 3 times with them on my rig, the rims were catching on the steering rod ends:mad:.
Not a load but enough to wear the rod ends down, about 1/4 of the plastic is gone(n)
So with out doubt in the near future ill have to replace the rod ends :cautious:.
So never had a pair of rims like this before. Is this normal? Surely this should not happen?
There is a bit of play on the front with caster blocks hubs and bellcrank. Im thinking its the mad max rims are tad too small or the inner beadlock is to thick?
So i decided to try a set of losi stock beadlock rims to see if the issue goes away
Oh and a bunch of rod ends(y)
What are your experiences with this issue and beadlocks?

View attachment 47013
Once there worn in...they wont wear no more will they(y)...job done;)

This a pic of the Losi beadlocks and same size madmax tires. Haven ran them yet tho. Looks super good? There is definitly a difference between clearance of the dish wheels and the bl's but don't think there will be a problem. The screws look different from yours 20181025_165756.jpg20181025_165735.jpg20181025_165756.jpg20181025_165735.jpg20181025_165701.jpg20181025_165549.jpg20181025_165730.jpg20181025_165711.jpgalso. So with the Losi bl's you shouldn't need extenders.

Last edited:
I was checking these out on eBay. Waiting to hear back to see if they do combine shipping.
I want to order the front and rear for my 5iveT but paying $15 for shipping for each set isn’t gonna happen
Basher, I tried to contact him also, but he never got back to me. I ended up having to pay shipping for both(n) since he was the only person selling them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks