Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Beetle Body's in the Future??

Discussion in 'FG Beetle' started by Bigger the Better, Mar 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

Just FYI,

I was curious to know so, I sent FG a quick email yesterday and just got back a reply. Here is my question and there answer. It looks to be a non-issue in Germany and just a US thing that they are working on, you think the same from reading it?

QUESTION:

Is it true?

Is the VW body patent will be let to expire from Volkswagen and not be made available by FG in the near future?
    What Is being said in some USA forums is that you did not have the rights to copy the VW beetle and will no longer have it available.
    I believe the 1st part of my email. Please respond.
    A happy FG owner!

ANSWER:

Dear ?,

we will have the Beetle in the future as well but we have to avoid advertisement at the moment because we had some difficulties with the license only in America, not in Germany. As VW is a German company we have to solve the problem here and not with VW in America. We are already in contact with them.

Kind regards,

2. goldencivic

goldencivic Active Member

Bigger....have you heard any new information on this??? I'm coming up on a new body pretty soon and just wanted to make sure that I won't have to order from over seas...

3. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

No, haven't heard any new news on if its been resolved.:no: I would think it would be by now though.

4. hpiguy

hpiguy Well-Known Member

FG would do good to drop the prices of the bodies by making them more generic.

It's a win win for all of us. More bodies, lower prices and less licensing hassle.

5. fgbasher

fgbasher Well-Known Member

The bodies are available here in the US.