Beetle Throttle problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I took my Beetle out for its first run and it performed brilliantly. The Nomadio React worked well. Beautiful tight turns. My Son in law had a go and accidentally flipped it on its head. It kept going for a few minutes reving its little heart out as he ran over to it. It flooded but restarted. Noticed a problem though after driving again. It wouldnt stop reving after a few minutes. Could only stop this by holding brake on full to stop the Beetle. When I got home I had a good look. No problem with Hand Controller settings. The Throttle servo swings to the left causing the motor to engage at half revs when controls turned on. When I reset the servo arm to forward again by rescrewing. It is OK until I apply brakes then it swings left again. Cant stop the throttle from accelerating.
Any Suggestions.
Is something wrong with my servo.
Regards Malmac

I 3rd Trip! :clown:

My son just did this to my Baja Sunday. Flipped it about 3 times on its side and the plastic steering horn stripped. Same one I went in the 4" puddle with, thought I lost the servo.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
The answers were correct. On closer inspection the plastic steering horn was stripped. (Think I need glasses) I had a spare plastic one which I have put on for now. May pay me to get a metal one. Really appreciate the help. I think I'm ready to race my sons Baja.
Cheers
Malmac

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks