Best lipos that fit in the X-Maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReeV0

Hi all,

I realise there are already a dozen topics on this question but after searching I could only really find ones from around 2016/2017. So was wondering if there is newer information since then.

I have just purchased a brand new X-Maxx 8s and am looking for a couple of 4s lipos. Everyone seems to be running the Traxxas lipos but to be honest they seem very expensive and have a very low discharge C rating. Just curious as to the best lipos available that would fit in the X-Maxx battery trays.

Thanks for any advice

You have to realise anything good is going to cost you.
This hobby is/can get expensive. Batteries for something like the xmaxx can be pricey but its something that I wouldn't cheap out on either considering the cost of a X-Maxx.

Save up a little more for the better batteries, I think in the end you'll be happy with the better quality batteries.​

Good that means more for the rest of us. Speed runners use them with great effect. I'm so glad you don't know what your talking about. I have a pair of 3s just to mess with.
Lol it was just a joke
I bought some Zee 4s batteries from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Battery...words=zeee+4s+batteries&qid=1620853776&sr=8-2

The just barely fit, but they have held up great. They balance and discharge very evenly. Around $116 for a pair of them.
Mine haven't, one lost a cell and one went way off balance after 2 runs

Last edited:
I have been using Ovonic for more than a year, and it performs very well. It is the best choice for people with limited budgets like me.
O-50C-8500-4S1P-XT60_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Traxxas Lipos and chargers are that expensive because they are meant for non-hobbyists and maximum convenience and ease of use. If you know how to handle lipos that kit loses a lot of value.
I have used Uruav 4S Graphene 6000mah for a year and they are very good quality.
If you want the absolute cheap then go for ZopPower, I have used them, Kev Talbot uses them and they work fine.
Zop 4s 5Ah

https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Battery...words=zeee+4s+batteries&qid=1620853776&sr=8-2

The just barely fit, but they have held up great. They balance and discharge very evenly. Around $116 for a pair of them.
hi how did they fit for you because for me they are not able to get in the compartment.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks