• Vekta.5

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Kv5tt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5t

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
For argument sake a few members here are on the fence between a vekta in either trophy truck or buggy form versus the 5t. Let's hear honest feedback from the people that have owned or still own them and why they bought it and what they like along with what they do not like about. At the conclusion of your post please vote for 1 of 3
Vekta.5
Vekta kv5tt
Losi 5ive t

Paging @crucialRC , @misterleon , @Seandonato73 , @PortCityRC , @Relic-1 , @spents , @John Parks

Last edited:
Part of me wants to see the baja 5 in there. My 5t handles great in the rough stuff.

Aren’t the vekta and kv5tt a lot alike?I’ve never actually seen one but there are lots of people out there that aren’t happy with them.

i've still not used my vekta5 much ryan, but, as i own a dragon hammer as well, i have to vote vekta5,
the hammer soaks up really rough stuff and the vekta5 does seem the same or very similar, long travel, solid rear axle, loads of articulation, will soak up even more when softened up with thinner shock oil,
vekta5 is not aa tippy as the hammer and is built much beefier as well, thicker a arms, bigger axle, better shocks etc etc (y),

See Paul my issue with mine was if I hot the brakes too hard it literally did a front summersault.
yeh thats one thing the vekta and the hammer have in common as well ryan :D,
that problem is worse with the hammer though, but handling wise, the solid rear axle soaks up really big rough stuff, but is weaker on the cornering than a 5t (y)

The kv5tt is straight out the window, it's cool, but the narrow stance lends it to side flops, hence the reason I went with the vekta 5. Now between the kv5 and the 5ive t it's a toss up imo. Around the house in my hilly and stoney yard the vekta shines for soaking up hard landings but doesn't handle as well as the 5ive t. As far as general handling and jumping the 5ivet wins. At least between how I have my rigs set up. The vekta will traction roll a lot easier and seems to want to dig the rear axle in where the 5ivet kinda pivots with the body more so. Open fields they are both on par imo. I still haven't gotten the vekta to land nice from jumps, but I think thats mote me then the rig. Don't have near the run time on that like I do on the 5ivet.

Vekta 5. Takes the whoops better. It will flop on its side more. We're in the process of getting an old corn field converted to a grass field at my old man's place, it's pretty rough. Vekta handles it much better then the 5ive t. The 5ive t chassis slaps the ground pretty often.
Wheat fields aren’t anything compared to corn. Corn ruts can be pretty deep!

If I go with the plow lines my old rustler is fine. But if try and cross them I gotta slow waaaay down. It’ll flip if I try and cross them at like 60.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 6
Wheat fields aren’t anything compared to corn. Corn ruts can be pretty deep!

If I go with the plow lines my old rustler is fine. But if try and cross them I gotta slow waaaay down. It’ll flip if I try and cross them at like 60.
Yeah, I know the difference between the two. This field in particular was "no tilled" then left fallow for a few years till my parents bought it to add on to their property. It's not just picked with stubble rough, but still rough. I didn't have time this year to disc it and plant sweet grass like I wanted to. Had other priorities come up, and still have a few tree to thin out of the fence row yet.
Any way, the vekta still handles it better then the 5ive t.

Yeah, I know the difference between the two. This field in particular was "no tilled" then left fallow for a few years till my parents bought it to add on to their property. It's not just picked with stubble rough, but still rough. I didn't have time this year to disc it and plant sweet grass like I wanted to. Had other priorities come up, and still have a few tree to thin out of the fence row yet.
Any way, the vekta still handles it better then the 5ive t.
Oh okay wasn’t sure. When ever I mention plowed field people are thinking like cabbage plowed.

What have you done to your 5t vs your vekta? Just asking because I keep getting mixed responses. Seems more so favoring the 5t.

Initially I was under the impression the vekta would do better, but then everyone says the vekta costs 5x as much to keep from breaking. Have you added any weights to your rear end to keep it from lifting the rear end?

The 5ive t is closest to stock. V1.5 with 2.0 shocks, red springs, and I think it has 60wt oil in the shocks. I did get the upgrade sway bars, an have the heaviest front and rear installed. Body roll was pretty pathetic with the stock sway bars imo. Chassis braces, just the normal upgrade stuff. It's been a great rig. There's a lot I'd like to do to it yet, just haven't had the time.
The vekta 5 is a money pit. Suspension is stock. Trans, front diff, brakes, front arms, carriers, hubs, battery box, rear drive shaft, and servo mounts are all upgrades.

The 5ive t is closest to stock. V1.5 with 2.0 shocks, red springs, and I think it has 60wt oil in the shocks. I did get the upgrade sway bars, an have the heaviest front and rear installed. Body roll was pretty pathetic with the stock sway bars imo. Chassis braces, just the normal upgrade stuff. It's been a great rig. There's a lot I'd like to do to it yet, just haven't had the time.
The vekta 5 is a money pit. Suspension is stock. Trans, front diff, brakes, front arms, carriers, hubs, battery box, rear drive shaft, and servo mounts are all upgrades.
So what you’re saying is get it. But probably after I get the 5t so I’ve got something to run while that’s broke? Lol

The 5t 2.0 shocks? Or is there something else?

I got the 2.0 shocks off ebay for cheap, but irc makes some nice shocks for the 5ive t as well. Honestly I would have bought irc shocks but got the 2.0 shocks stinking cheap, it wasn't worth it. So it's a v1.5 with v2.0 shocks on it. The 2.0 comes with a few better parts a day has the added bonus of having a zen 32cc in it from new. I started mu 5ive t with a bunch of parts from the guys here, and eBay. So it's a bit of a Johnny Cash mobile lol.
Also the vekta I intended to get a big bore engine for eventually, so I upgraded everything right away. Really the trans and rear drive shaft would have been enough for general bashing. The rcr brakes were a big improvement as well. But I went over kill based on issues others had.
Here's the 5ive t build
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/5ive-t-one-piece-at-a-time.25667/
The vekt
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/sd73s-kraken-vekta-5-build.26619/

the vekta 5 will be best out of the box, but the 5ive t will be better after it is modified to handle some of the really rough terrain. the kv5tt is a pile of dog poop and should never be bought by anyone ever
I’m going with the 5t, TR rear drop an arms, 11# rear springs, front #?, 50wt shock oil, 1 mil center diff, 500k to start off rear dif, front dif oil? IRP shock extenders and some skid plates then I’ll figure out what I want to change from there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks