Best Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

What's the best steering servo - resilient to knocks, and very powerful, etc?
I see a lot of mention of the Rhino. I also see 2 different torque ratings for what appears to be the same Rhino, the T190 (??)
I don't mean at 4.8V and at 6.0V. I mean at 6.0V, one Rhino seems to be rated at 250Nm which is also 'translated' to 353 oz in in some, but in others its 250oz in.
Are all multiplex Rhinos I'm likely to see the same, and are they rated at 353, or whatever it is at 6.0V?

What are the alternatives worth considering, that can compare to the Rhino?

i use hitech on mine mate and my leo has had some really scary moments with nose to tail flips :no: but still keeps going :cool2:

goin for the twin steerin setup when stip it over winter :cool2::cool2:

so imo i'd go hitech all day matey :)

I've updated my profile. Sorry I appeared so 'vague' !

Thanks, it helps in steering you the right way. I hear the Hitecs are quite a bit more over there then here in the states. I can get a Hitec 5745MG for 64.00 every day. Over there I think they cost as much as a Rhino. If so go with the Rhino. I hear they are practically the same servo in different clothes. I do hear the Rhino is voltage sensitive more then the Hitec. I use a single Hitec 5745MG and have for years. Its been warrantied once due to a board burn out and Hitec has been GREAT with service.:)

Thanks.
Is there just ONE model of Rhino?
If so, where's the confusion with the torque figure?
Some state 205/250 I think or something like that, others MUCH more, with ~350 for the 6V figure.
In the adverts, they all look the same.

don't forget though,get a servo with the most torque.Each Cm away from the centre of the servo spline half's your torque,so if you mount your push rod to the servo horn 1 Cm on a 300Oz servo your torque is halved so 300Oz will be 150 Oz.If its two Cm out from the centre it will be 75 Oz and so on.
J.

I use the Hitec 5745 they are the best for the price and there's plenty web shops out there for spear parts
The draw back of the rhino is you have to use a 6v limiter if you don't then you will fry the electrics they are very very strong all metal gears just like the Hitec and they are also faster

Savox have always been very good for me - perhaps a little noisy.
If it says 40 kg cm then it will be that - check their online site to confirm.
They do seem to use a lot of power, so I'd have an external power feed and not rely on the Rx / ESC alone.
Al.

thanks atom3624 I'm pretty new to large scale rc.. dnt want to sound thick but wot is external power feed. and how do you go about setting one up if savox servos are the ones I'm buying.. thanks ...

Most receivers have a built-in BEC - battery elimination circuit - which will effectively buffer the feed to a preset voltage - most are 5.5 - 6.0 V but latterly some can be set - same with the ESC speed controllers for all-electric models.

Thing is, these beast require larger servos which quite probably demand more power than the little Rx's and ESC's can provide - effectively separating the power lead from the servo directly to the battery.

There are others available, but this should give you some ideas.
One is 'really expensive' but has a waterproof electronic switch, the other needs you to plug in / remove plug.

https://rc-car-online.de/en/product...pply-cable-with-electronic-switch-1-pce-.html
https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/servo_strom_ohne-servo-direct-power-supply-cable-1-pce-.html

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks