Best way to fix stripped plastic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a good idea but one thing to think about though is the insert diameter i don't think there will be enough materail on the area you want to put them .. your going to have to ream out the plastic to press them into too .. i wouldnt be surprised if the outside diameter of those inserts are over 7 mm , i hope im wrong though ..
Good luck !

try using some JBweld.... mix it .... drill your hole out to a bigger size...pack the jbweld in the screw hole...let dry....you can drill & tap the hole now....alot better/stronger than the stock plastic

Last edited:
where on you truck are going to use them ?
On my MCD on the gear plate the top screw, I removed it with all the plastic on the screw. Just thought it might be a ok thing to try, for that repair there is lots of plastic. I would be concerned to strip it in the hole and not be able to bet the screw out at all, but we'll see, 10 of them are cheap it they work GREAT, if not no big deal.

hellya, the jb weld trick is a good one, but I wanted to try somthing different, we'll see how it works if it is good I will say so if not you'll also be told.

I thought throretically it is a great idea.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks