Big Bore Kit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

Hi all, i c lots of people have had a big bore installed on their engines... do u think is a good idea to get one for my FG BAJA? and as am new to this hobby, is it easy to install one? and which one is best to make my baja do wheelis as i really want my baja to do sum! any tips will help!

Thanks ALL

I ran a race ported oneills 28.5 in my baja with a jetpro....wheelies on command, had to replace the top end a while back and now running 28.5 reed ported and 813 carb which has a broader torque band awesome power. I prefer the 28.5 as it's big power increase but still revs high
I'd get a pipe first a jetpro or ddm dom and your baja will wheelie, i run the jetpro cos it's a neater fit
dsc00059zc5.jpg

dsc00056zb6.jpg

I ran a race ported oneills 28.5 in my baja with a jetpro....wheelies on command, had to replace the top end a while back and now running 28.5 reed ported and 813 carb which has a broader torque band awesome power. I prefer the 28.5 as it's big power increase but still revs high
I'd get a pipe first a jetpro or ddm dom and your baja will wheelie, i run the jetpro cos it's a neater fit
dsc00059zc5.jpg

dsc00056zb6.jpg

thats a good set up mooman,i recently contacted sean o neill for the ported 30.5cc head kit and 2mmstroker crank and he strongly recomended to me the ported 27.2 cc with 2mmcrank instead,this is the one i ended up choosing from sean o neill,and its on the way to me. i also run a jetpro,they fit ok but look great. and with the weight on the rear(pipe mostly sitting on the back depending on type)also helping wheelies....

Hi all, i c lots of people have had a big bore installed on their engines... do u think is a good idea to get one for my FG BAJA? and as am new to this hobby, is it easy to install one? and which one is best to make my baja do wheelis as i really want my baja to do sum! any tips will help!

Thanks ALL

If you have a pipe and a need for more then yes, but if you have it stock and no pipe yet, no. A pipe can be as good if not better then a motor upgrade.
As for fitting it. We are here and there are many do-it-yourself videos and pictures to direct you along the way.
Good luck in your decision.

mooman007uk were did u get ur baja body from... i cant find clear one so i can paint.... so is it posible if i can repaint my original white body??

Many thnaks

Last edited:
yeh better price... i might get one in the end of this month hopfully... but for now i want to buy the bigbore kit the one you told me about. I contacted O'nills yesday about the bore kit and told me that the best is the http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/z26ccbbk_ported_machined_wc.htm

But i think they just try n make me pay more... not sure... am still going for the 28.5 tho what you think?

And by the way i love the looks of your baja!!!!

a stock 26cc engine with an RN tuning pipe will give you wheelies.

er reak tuned engien type the 27,2cc OBR motor en the RN tuning pipe wount give you any wheelies.
WHY? Well thats easy you can´t fine a Tyre for the FG mdoels that give you enough grip.
you end up spinner the rear wheels instead of popping wheelies-
i prefer the tyre spinn,
wheelies for a stand still is fun about 2 minuts. after that it gets boring.

if you can get the car to pop wheelies on demand at about half speed or the car lifts the front wheels when it passes 30-40 km/h
that would get me up and running.

crazy B I've been after a 6004 rn pipe for a while now...there are none available at the moment...i found a 6012 but don't want to lose half the body to fit it and the 6012 in the marder sticks out the back too far so will get smacked real easy... i can bang out wheelies on asphalt with the stock baja tires and lift the front when it changes into second with the jetpro...i still want an rn when they make some more but the jetpro with stock zen 26 will give wheelies without the need for a head kit

Calic: i'd still get the 28.5 if you want a head kit...personally i don't like strokers unless it's a small block chevy. I'm flattered that you like my baja, I'll post some vid as soon as my th/br servo comes back from horizon hobby...warranty issue...and I get my alloy shocks installed

Last edited:
crazy B I've been after a 6004 rn pipe for a while now...there are none available at the moment...i found a 6012 but don't want to lose half the body to fit it and the 6012 in the marder sticks out the back too far so will get smacked real easy... i can bang out wheelies on asphalt with the stock baja tires and lift the front when it changes into second with the jetpro...i still want an rn when they make some more but the jetpro with stock zen 26 will give wheelies without the need for a head kit

Calic: i'd still get the 28.5 if you want a head kit...personally i don't like strokers unless it's a small block chevy. I'm flattered that you like my baja, I'll post some vid as soon as my th/br servo comes back from horizon hobby...warranty issue...and I get my alloy shocks installed

the 28,5 kit you mention is that a ported kit or just a big bore kit?

all sylinder with a bigger bore than 34 mm are CY sylinders.

if you want a real fire breather then by a 27,2 race or reed ported kitt from O´neill brothers. thats a stroker kit alright but it make a lot more power than a unported big bore kit.

RBN tunoing have a production problem. they sell more pipes than rhey can manage to make.
i wauted 3 months to get mine. they are expensive btu worth everey nickel. there are no othere pipes that can make that amount of power over a so broad power band.
the RN pipe makes more low end torque than any other pipe. but the best thin is it makes more top end power than any other tuning pipe.
all other pipes are either top end og low end pipes. but Rn puts both tings in top one. the secret is in the volum of the pipe. but there are only the pipes med for the FG models are lik ethis. if you taje the pipe for the MCD you will get more low end torque but it cant make the motor scream on top like the pipe made for FG models.

so for a MCD the Jetpro or Mielke pipe is the best option.

but if you want more power start with a god tuned pipe. and then buy a ported engie or top end kit. the other way around will only make you feel disapointed when you driv your car with a ported engine that under no conditions make the power it supposed to .

the 28,5 kit you mention is that a ported kit or just a big bore kit?

all sylinder with a bigger bore than 34 mm are CY sylinders.

if you want a real fire breather then by a 27,2 race or reed ported kitt from O´neill brothers. thats a stroker kit alright but it make a lot more power than a unported big bore kit.

RBN tunoing have a production problem. they sell more pipes than rhey can manage to make.
i wauted 3 months to get mine. they are expensive btu worth everey nickel. there are no othere pipes that can make that amount of power over a so broad power band.
the RN pipe makes more low end torque than any other pipe. but the best thin is it makes more top end power than any other tuning pipe.
all other pipes are either top end og low end pipes. but Rn puts both tings in top one. the secret is in the volum of the pipe. but there are only the pipes med for the FG models are lik ethis. if you taje the pipe for the MCD you will get more low end torque but it cant make the motor scream on top like the pipe made for FG models.

so for a MCD the Jetpro or Mielke pipe is the best option.

but if you want more power start with a god tuned pipe. and then buy a ported engie or top end kit. the other way around will only make you feel disapointed when you driv your car with a ported engine that under no conditions make the power it supposed to .

hey crazy beetle i was on to your shop in norway your friends shop i should say and there was some problem with his shop he said but i will buy something from him maybe at a later time he sounds like a nice guy.

but for now i ordered and it is shipping tomorrow from o neills the 27.2 ported kit with 2mm stroker. cant wait,i think this is a cheap alternative to buying a new $$$$$ engine. i am getting complete kit for 159 euro shipped to my door,and i have the jetpro to fit on it, i would also love a rn pipe though they look awesome!!

Sorry crazy b forgot to say a ported head kit...
if you're gonna change the top end you would be mad not to get a ported head for a few dollars more. the 28.5 ported will make a bit more power than the 27.2 with plenty of torque...not much in it really

Sorry crazy b forgot to say a ported head kit...
if you're gonna change the top end you would be mad not to get a ported head for a few dollars more. the 28.5 ported will make a bit more power than the 27.2 with plenty of torque...not much in it really

i prefer the 27,2 cc kit with 2mm stroker crank.
i may giv a litle less power and torque but it has more usable RPM than the 28,5 cc head kit.
the 27,2 kits inkludes a Zenoah cylinder. and that gives me mre peace of mind than having 0,1 ekstra HP with the CY top end that is inkluded in the 28,5cc kit.

never the less. what you choose to buy and drive with is up to you.
we have all our wishes and demands when it comes to engines.

i prefer the 27,2 cc kit with 2mm stroker crank.
i may giv a litle less power and torque but it has more usable RPM than the 28,5 cc head kit.
the 27,2 kits inkludes a Zenoah cylinder. and that gives me mre peace of mind than having 0,1 ekstra HP with the CY top end that is inkluded in the 28,5cc kit.

never the less. what you choose to buy and drive with is up to you.
we have all our wishes and demands when it comes to engines.

hello crazy beetle

in your opinion,you seem to know a lot about engines,do you think the o neills ported 27.2cc with 2mm crank kit that i am getting would it put out much more hp compared to the stock zen 26cc??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks