billet parts for fg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drg007

any after market company making parts for FG sportsline in USA.
FG billet parts is very expensive.

I read this earlier but could think of anyone in the US. What parts are you considering in alloy?

Like the hpi baja, everyone is making parts for it. I own 2 baja.
before I get into FG, I want to know what after market parts is available. Thanks

Like the hpi baja, everyone is making parts for it. I own 2 baja.
before I get into FG, I want to know what after market parts is available. Thanks

Here is a link to Elcon hop ups for FG mostly off road from just glancing at the first couple pages.

http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/alloy_parts_by_elcon

It's funny, of all the people in my area, all own HPI 1/5. I am the only FG Baja owner. So if Memphis is the example the aftermarket used to determine who to make parts for, HPI wins simply because of the ratio of owners.

Since this is the onroad section, I'll take a chance and assume you are thinking about buying an onroad FG????
If that's the case, the cars are sold new from mild (sportline) to wild (Evo8). The Evo 8 is one big fat $3500 hop-up. It's 98% Aluminum and Carbon Fiber. Most of the hop-ups I know of for an Evo 8 are for performance rather than appearance.
For example:
- www.oddified.com - Diff, clutch, air filters, etc
- Tom Bowlin modified motors (google it)
- www.jaracing.com - Alloy wheels

I you find someone who sells what the kids call "bling" for FG onroads, let me know. I would like to see and possibly buy some for one of my cars.

Last edited:
Where can we get Nutech on-road parts, either in Canada or the US? If the upgrade parts are cheaper than the FG, and fit, it's a no brainer...My FG Sportline will be getting dressed up!
OKOK got it off theit web site...Thanks...

Last edited:
One more thing. As for hop-ups on an FG, I think this is one of the most interesting FG cars I have seen. He did a great job of blending parts from another brand on to his FG.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=6269

glad you liked my ride ....i have several dotted around large scale here:blush:

the alloy arms are KPD along with the rear red shock tower

and a few home made bits

glad you liked my ride ....i have several dotted around large scale here:blush:

the alloy arms are KPD along with the rear red shock tower

and a few home made bits

Yes, I've seen them as I've bounced around reading the topics, and you keep them top notch. It was seeing pictures of cars like your FG/Swift, where the owners made and modified parts for their cars, that got me interested in 5th scale cars years ago.

The arms was the first thing I noticed. I've studied the pictures of the modified PB Dart by Jose Cunha for years on rctek and could tell right away the arms on your car must be KP Design. They really give the FG a new look.
And the red hinge pin carriers on the front look amazing. I could go on and on but I just thought I would use you car as the example of the many really cool "hop-up" cars I've seen.

I am working towards getting a small mill and lathe where I can then heavily modify or make a "one of a kind" car like you and Mr. Cunha managed to do.

Keep up the good work.

i have a myford super 7 dated from the late 1940's

it was renovated with a complete strip shot blast and slide regrinds

and fitted with new motor and latest switch gear

then resprayed in the original myford grey 2 pack paint

i also have an original myford vertical slide and vice with milling cutters

and harbour a couple pics here :blush:

FGtouringcar001.jpg

FGtouringcar002.jpg

FGtouringcar003.jpg

One more thing. As for hop-ups on an FG, I think this is one of the most interesting FG cars I have seen. He did a great job of blending parts from another brand on to his FG.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=6269
Haha, I Just randomly stumbled here browsing for parts to my fg, and I came over this and felt the urge to show u mine x) this one is under production now🤪
Car is Fg monster truck 1/6, original backwheel drive, then built to 4wd a while after.
Spring is back Springs on hpi baja? don't remember...
Full aloy wheels with bedlocks
Body is from Arrma Felony 6s Blx, 1/7th scale.
Had to stretch the hood so it would fit better with the center of wheels and looks badass🔥
Paint is just random poop I put to gether🤩 cant wait to actuly see the final result my self!
This Gonna be a beast 🔥🤪
built the car to a new dimensjon x)
Snapchat-1194199408.jpgSnapchat-1792288537.jpgSnapchat-1107734404.jpgSnapchat-1217672101.jpgSnapchat-765224378.jpgSnapchat-1038430328.jpgSnapchat-1661730833.jpgM

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks