Billet wheel options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately eBay may be your best bet for any choice or variety. They do show up,just a matter of time and luck.
I had contacted jARacing in the UK and was going to order from them, but the same ones I wanted magically showed up on ebay brand new!. It was a needle in a haystack find for me.
So they're always a chance. It seems the heyday for them was a few years ago and not many new styles. What vehicle are you looking to get rims for?, I'll keep an eye out for you.

I just remembered Rovan and king motors has/had some rims not too long ago-3 weeks or so.
I seriously thought about picking some up.
Maybe you can check out their websites.

King motors has this on eBay.

King Motor Aluminum Alloy Rims Wheels, 24mm Hex Fits HPI Baja Truck 5T, SC T1000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292236419895
Ok here's some at Rovan.

https://www.rovanrc.com/rims

Maybe you'll or others might find something they like.

I was going to post a link but didn't because they seem to make them for square mounts-FG, as they make parts that are compatible along with a complete car also.
JAracing is who made my rims. The only problem is shipping and them having stock. I was given an estimated time of a several months at the least because they were really busy.
The owner is a really cool guy and we've spoken many times. he was even trying help figure a better shipping rate.
I intend to get the gt2 465mm Porsche body from them,if I don't find one elsewhere.?

Well I owned an automotive based wheel and performance business for years and on full sized cars I have seen hundreds if not thousands of wheels bend and crack so they must do both but on a much smaller scale.I would think if they incorporate ribbing on the rear of the face of the wheels that would almost totally eliminate that problem.

Well I owned an automotive based wheel and performance business for years and on full sized cars I have seen hundreds if not thousands of wheels bend and crack so they must do both but on a much smaller scale.I would think if they incorporate ribbing on the rear of the face of the wheels that would almost totally eliminate that problem.
Thats why I asked. Ive cracked a few myself. Not a big deal with steel. Aluminum goes in the bin. Think ill stick with plastic.

I haven't had mine too long, but not sure how you could break them bashing in a grass field. Maybe a crazy hard landing after a cartwheel? Not really doing crazy jumps with 5th scales unless on a track, then you wouldn't use billet wheels due to the weight.
More just hitting rocks and such at high speed. Those rims are the first point of contact on anything hard. The fields on my property aren't exactly groomed like a baseball field. You would think tires would be enough cushion, but ive cracked a few on my fullsize truck bombing through the woods. Probably not a concern on such light vehicles.

More just hitting rocks and such at high speed. Those rims are the first point of contact on anything hard. The fields on my property aren't exactly groomed like a baseball field. You would think tires would be enough cushion, but ive cracked a few on my fullsize truck bombing through the woods. Probably not a concern on such light vehicles.
Yeah if you have rocks where you run then maybe but where I run no rocks, just large field??

The Axis wheels are plastic outer portion with a machined inner right? I don't know if I like or dislike that idea I think the plastic outer would help to a certain extent on not cracking or bending wheels and would help with the ride a tiny bit but that would really weaken the spokes on I would think.You can also strip the tire mounting holes.Hmmm this is interesting.Thanks John

Any more?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks