Boat info...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
All this talk of boats lately, makes me wanna grab a boat or two for me and the fam to run at the lake. What is a good starter boat out there? I am open to gas or electric, looking for decent size and decent out of the box quality. From personal experience, what do you guys recommend?

For starters get and electric..entry level basher boat with simple design and a fairly affordable price would be the proboat sonic wake 36"
The proboat zelos 48g is a nice entry 1/5 gas boat, but from experience it would be much cheaper and better to build one. I'm grabbing the new proboat blackjack 42" their releasing to add to my collection.

These though without a doubt have more than enough speed out if the box to put a smile on anyone's face on 6s. Prop swaps are a must if your a top speed chaser. Mrmad has a lot of reviews on YouTube on different boats. The 36 miss geico twins a bit more pricey, but if they released another color I would not hesitate to buy one. Also! These cats hulls are not as durable as people would like. They are fiberglass and at speeds without a proper setup will just net you a bad experience but with tame conditions these are just absolutely awesome
All depends on how much you want to spend too.
Exactly the sonic wake at 399 vs proboat zelos at 999
And also things to consider. The proboat zelos 36/miss geico can quickly turn into 1000$ boats when you purchase the needed lipos.
https://youtube.com/user/MrMad2424

Attachments

• 20210507_133618.jpg
    20210507_133618.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
For starters get and electric..entry level basher boat with simple design and a fairly affordable price would be the proboat sonic wake 36"
The proboat zelos 48g is a nice entry 1/5 gas boat, but from experience it would be much cheaper and better to build one. I'm grabbing the new proboat blackjack 42" their releasing to add to my collection.
I was actually looking at the SonicWake! Also looked at the Traxxas boats as well. Any thoughts on the Traxxas boats?

I have no experience with the traxxas model but the m41 is supposed to be a competitor also there is the Zhonda 41" which I'd choose over the traxxas on Banggood.com. I watched many vids before deciding on a proboat. Will be getting a zhonda. The sonic wake can still hit 70 or better with prop change and 4S. It has a poly hull like I said a bit more friendly with bashing. Oh!!!!!!Forgot to mention, if you don't want to swim or fish for a boat, this has the self righting feature. Check out the vids. My buddy has this boat. Works flawless we jump the waves in the lake with this one. He refuses to swim so this works out.

These though without a doubt have more than enough speed out if the box to put a smile on anyone's face on 6s. Prop swaps are a must if your a top speed chaser. Mrmad has a lot of reviews on YouTube on different boats. The 36 miss geico twins a bit more pricey, but if they released another color I would not hesitate to buy one. Also! These cats hulls are not as durable as people would like. They are fiberglass and at speeds without a proper setup will just net you a bad experience but with tame conditions these are just absolutely awesome

Exactly the sonic wake at 399 vs proboat zelos at 999
And also things to consider. The proboat zelos 36/miss geico can quickly turn into 1000$ boats when you purchase the needed lipos.
Yup I was surprised when I saw how much I was in after buying batteries for the Zelos 36. Nice part is I've made sure anything else Electric I have can use the same batteries.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks